Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
You'll be relying on those over 30 then, I don't think the YouTubers and influencers of today will be much use on the front line

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

I'm always stunned by the number of people who remember what attitudes were like 82 years ago. I have trouble remembering what people's attitudes were like a few months back :shrug:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
so you would sit back and watch every body else fight but you wouldn't? Selfish w@anker.
I don't think everybody would fight, people don't give a **** unless it's literally on their doorstep, times have changed. I say this as someone that regularly gives food and clothing to homeless/charities

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
You'll be relying on those over 30 then, I don't think the YouTubers and influencers of today will be much use on the front line

You’re right. They would be bloody useless. Luckily though there are plenty of others not in that category. Sky are currently showing people making Molotov cocktails in the streets of Kiev. Even I could do that and would.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
so you would sit back and watch every body else fight but you wouldn't? Selfish w@anker.

As a veteran I still stand up for conscientious objectors. Principles are important.
That’s why we still have a free country.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
"The Kremlin has claimed that president Vladimir Putin ordered a halt to Russia’s offensive in Ukraine on Friday, expecting negotiations with Volodymyr Zelenskiy, but told them to continue when that did not happen."

Entered a war they can't back out of..

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Zelenskiy claims Turkey will ban Russian warships from Black Sea
Turkey will stop Russian warships from passing through the Black Sea, according to the Ukrainian president, Volodymyr Zelenskiy.

In a tweet, Zelenskiy said the country had pledged military and humanitarian support for Ukraine.

Turkey will stop warships passing through the Dardanelles and Bosphorus straits, which connects the Black Sea to the Mediterranean.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
I'm always stunned by the number of people who remember what attitudes were like 82 years ago. I have trouble remembering what people's attitudes were like a few months back :shrug:

Not according to your posts on the brexit thread :D. Anyhow, lets move on there's more important stuff going on.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Ireland waives all visa requirements for Ukrainians fleeing the conflict (something the UK Government has shamefully refused to do)

[tweet]1497158118509187076[/tweet]

Incidentally, talking of Ireland, here’s the Russian ambassador to Dublin getting his arse handed to him on RTE

[tweet]1497284068781797380[/tweet]

Stop trying to score points you idiot. Maybe the UK will, maybe it is a ‘look at me’ moment from elsewhere. Whatever it is, it is time to unite against a facist cxxt, namely Putin.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here