Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
At that rate that is over a quarter of a million men over the next 12 months. Surely Vlad is going to be defenestrated before then?
At that rate. Russia will be denazificated long before Ukraine will be. How ironic is that. Given Putin's false reasons for the next invasion in the first place

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I don't think this news deserves its own thread, so here it is on the Russia-Ukraine thread.
But if Russia hadn't invaded Ukraine, it would be gobsmacking in its own right.

'Moldova's President outlines Russian 'plan' to topple gov't'

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Oh ok. So nothing new then. They said this when the war broke out.
Also when the war broke out, Russia said that they should be paid reparations for Alaska. This was increased to 'Alaska is ours' in July, and this was repeated on Russian state TV 3 days ago.

All intended for the internal Russian audience no doubt.

Just when you didn't think it were possible, the divergence between Russian state TV / the Kremlin line, and the real world, seems to be becoming wider.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Must be linked to the reports of a "Little Green Men" coup being planned by Moscow in Moldova.

The thought must be that Moldova will appeal to Romania/NATO for help and the US troops will roll in from Romania.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Must be linked to the reports of a "Little Green Men" coup being planned by Moscow in Moldova.

The thought must be that Moldova will appeal to Romania/NATO for help and the US troops will roll in from Romania.
is Russia really ready to embarrass themselves with another failed invasion?

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I think there was a report by Ukrainian Intelligence that the Russians could potentially mobilise even foreign Nationals living in Russia
You are correct. I came across a report that said people of foreign nationality or dual nationality could be mobilised.

But it could also apply to Ukrainians who now hold a Russian passport, and are then mobilised.

'Forced to fight your own people: How Russia is weaponizing passports'

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
I don't think this news deserves its own thread, so here it is on the Russia-Ukraine thread.
But if Russia hadn't invaded Ukraine, it would be gobsmacking in its own right.

'Moldova's President outlines Russian 'plan' to topple gov't'

There’s an area in Moldova - Transnistria - that’s pro Russia. It sits on Ukraine’s southern border, so it would probably be very convenient for Russia if trouble kicked off there again.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I was at uni in California in 1981, I was 18, and Iran had 400 odd US hostages. As a UK citizen living and studying in the USA I was required to register for the military draft, and I did, and I still have my papers 42 years later. It was pretty scary. I checked my blue UK passport at the time, and there it was, clear in black and white, if you choose to live there, you abide by their rules as if you are their citizen.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I was at uni in California in 1981, I was 18, and Iran had 400 odd US hostages. As a UK citizen living and studying in the USA I was required to register for the military draft, and I did, and I still have my papers 42 years later. It was pretty scary. I checked my blue UK passport at the time, and there it was, clear in black and white, if you choose to live there, you abide by their rules as if you are their citizen.
My cousin had the same in 1971, he was eligible for being drafted and sent to Vietnam. He kept a bag packed ready to bolt to Canada and back to the UK from there but fortunately the call-up never came.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here