Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
'Russian Cruise Missiles Were Made Just Months Ago Despite Sanctions' - New York Times

Not want we wanted to hear but we need to be aware of it.
Yes - but that probably means they aren't building cars, or refigerators or whatever - something that they need anyway. Of course they'll have been diverting resources to producing weapons.

Hopefully we can all get to laugh at how rubbish Lada missiles turned out to be!

(Sadly, even if they're crude and inefficient, they'll still probably kill innocent people)

Last edited:

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I took your recommendation and I read the Walter Report.

It seems a lot more informed than I am. I'm still not sure what we are dealing with here, drone or plane, or if it really matters. On the clip, you can obviously hear a loud noise as an aircraft (manned or unmanned) goes past pretty low. A few seconds later you see the explosion light up the sky. Then if you listen very carefully, you can just make out the sound of the aircraft, presumably beginning its return journey, before the shockwave of the explosion is heard.

Whatever it was, full marks to Ukraine, or whoever else was involved, if it wasn't Ukraine. It's a turning point, insofar as the west/US have apparently given the green light to offensive operations within Russia. Judging from past behaviour, the Kremlin will be in shock at the effrontery of an attack on mother Russia.
Thanks, I'll give that another listen with the volume up higher 👍.
I can't imagine the US will give permission for NATO weapons to be fired into Russian territory, but maybe this is a Ukrainian drone so...'go right ahead'... perhaps a little logistics support.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Coverage of the attack on the airbase at Kursk this morning:

'Ukraine drone attack' hits ANOTHER Russian airbase a day after strike damaged two nuclear bombers'

There's also pictures from the Ryazan attack.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
B1EAC2AE-014C-47C4-9B5D-1B1D5D934FAF.jpeg
5AF19957-E329-4321-827F-B1E9A50E6170.jpeg

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I recommend the above podcast. And the Falklands series.
They reckon the war has got about another year in it.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I took your recommendation and I read the Walter Report.

It seems a lot more informed than I am. I'm still not sure what we are dealing with here, drone or plane, or if it really matters. On the clip, you can obviously hear a loud noise as an aircraft (manned or unmanned) goes past pretty low. A few seconds later you see the explosion light up the sky. Then if you listen very carefully, you can just make out the sound of the aircraft, presumably beginning its return journey, before the shockwave of the explosion is heard.

Whatever it was, full marks to Ukraine, or whoever else was involved, if it wasn't Ukraine. It's a turning point, insofar as the west/US have apparently given the green light to offensive operations within Russia. Judging from past behaviour, the Kremlin will be in shock at the effrontery of an attack on mother Russia.
I've listened properly @Eric the meek and you are probably right ...good listening skills 👍👍. And, if so, it's likely a reusable drone (not kamikaze), even better 👍

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
Quote on the BBC website…

Vladimir Putin has said the threat of a nuclear war was rising, but insisted Russia had not "gone mad" and would not use its nuclear weapons first.
The Russian president insisted that his country would only use weapons of mass destruction in response to an attack.

I genuinely hope he means this, he of course knows a nuclear war is a war nobody can win. I for one will sleep a little better as a parent.

What does the spring hold? It’s gonna be a shithouse winter for the poor Ukrainians :(

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Vladimir Putin has said the threat of a nuclear war was rising, but insisted Russia had not "gone mad" and would not use its nuclear weapons first.
The Russian president insisted that his country would only use weapons of mass destruction in response to an attack.

I genuinely hope he means this, he of course knows a nuclear war is a war nobody can win. I for one will sleep a little better as a parent.

What does the spring hold? It’s gonna be a shithouse winter for the poor Ukrainians :(

He mentions nukes about every 5 weeks. Usually just before an offensive or just after a defeat.

It’s a pattern and he’s done it since February. I’m guessing to try and ward off total humiliation. He’s a yapper.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
He mentions nukes about every 5 weeks. Usually just before an offensive or just after a defeat.

It’s a pattern and he’s done it since February. I’m guessing to try and ward off total humiliation. He’s a yapper.
I think the Nuclear weapons mentions are the ultimate example of the BCSD theory explained in Wish You Were Here...Putin is a weedy little shortarse remember.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Or....He could be building the narrative before launching a false flag in order to blame Ukraine?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here