Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
From the bbc:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-europe-60542877

'Poor morale and slow progress' plague Russian army - Pentagon'

US defence officials say Russia's operation has moved much more slowly than planned, and now faces supply shortages.
The Pentagon said Russian forces had not yet taken control of Ukraine's skies after six days, nor had they taken key targets such as the country's second city, Kharkiv, or the southern port of Mariupol.
"In many cases, what we're seeing are columns that are literally out of gas," one official is quoted as saying by the AFP news agency. "Now they're starting to run out of food for their troops."
The official also said there were signs of morale problems in the Russian force, which makes use of a large number of conscript soldiers.
"Not all of them were apparently fully trained and prepared, or even aware that they were going to be sent into a combat operation.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
FIA allows Russian and Belarusian drivers to compete. WTF.

I've sent an email to FIA. You f******g w*nking t*ssers.

You like doing emails to organisations with those letters included (FIFA over the wkd)..anymore lined up..the Paralympians or wrong letters?

Last edited:

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Can't see Nikita Mazepin somehow being allowed in half of the countries that have races, let alone protests etc outside the circuits!

Plus his Daddy sponsors Hass (Uralkali) don't how those sanctions will let him pay US registered Hass !

Nothing against the lad but there is a need to remove the kudos that Russia get out of his participation.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Sorry Lamie. But I have deeply, deeply personal reasons for why I say what I say. No offence meant to
anyone on here.

Hey no problem…you are entitled as anyone to express an opinion :thumbsup:
Plus I was teasing you a little ..knowing it was FIFA over the wkd :D

….I’m just wondering how far banning of an individual athlete..sportsperson should go…pause for thought personally ….I have a Russian customer and someone told me today I shouldn’t do any work for them …I disagreed as they have no idea what their thoughts are :shrug:

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014

….I’m just wondering how far banning of an individual athlete..sportsperson should go…pause for thought personally ….I have a Russian customer and someone told me today I shouldn’t do any work for them …I disagreed as they have no idea what their thoughts are :shrug:

Fair enough mate.

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
Hi. Im just going to put this out there again.

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/helpforukraine2?utm_term=ydKJBYqNm

Weve raised £855 in the first 24 hours thanks to some very generous donations including at least 2 members of this forum. Thanks to them and any others that have or will donate.
For background, we have managed to secure some space in a container going to Poland on Saturday. The cost of the transport will be met by me personally and every single penny raised via the justgiving page will be spent on essential items for the refugees fleeing this invasion.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Plus I was teasing you a little ..knowing it was FIFA over the wkd :D

Out of interest, have you asked them what their thoughts are?

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Does Johnson never miss an opportunity to claim we are somehow leading the world on our response to the invasion ? It's genuinely sad that at an important meeting his post meeting speech is all about trying to puff himself..

would you expect anything else?

truss using the situation to position herself as the next pm?

would you expect anything else?

Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Seems a bit odd that you've opted for the Ukraine flag as an avatar yet you don't seem too unconcerned about dealing with a Russian who may be a supporter of Putin!

I try not to jump to conclusions about what my customers think…..I don’t get them to fill in a questionnaire over their beliefs etc etc …so that makes me unconcerned? To be honest that’s a bit odd to…..will you be suggesting the cashier at Tescos should refuse a Russian living (for maybe decades) in the country buying food just in case that person has different views…how far does it go :shrug:

Ps ..not that I think you are questioning how I run my business…and I’m saying all this in a non confrontational way to you :)

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here