Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rumour on Facebook that Hypia has resigned

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
You could record longer on Betamax 3Hrs 15mins, VHS 3 hrs at normal speed.

I think that was later on. When they first came out in the 70s, Sony's Beta tapes were limited to an hour apparently but VHS could record for two hours. It changed in the 80s, presumably as Sony realised they'd messed up.

tomfitz12

CTRL+W to change this
Nov 25, 2012
southwick
Have Reading and Palace not gone from in/around the relegation zone at Christmas and ended up being promoted?

lots of people have been saying this about reading so I decided to check it a couple of weeks ago. the lowest they ever dropped in that promotion season was 13th and that was in mid October- so never really much worry for them.

not so sure about palace though ???

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
lots of people have been saying this about reading so I decided to check it a couple of weeks ago. the lowest they ever dropped in that promotion season was 13th and that was in mid October- so never really much worry for them.

I believe Reading were in relegation around Christmas the season before they were promoted. Of course no one mentions the teams who were there at Christmas and didn't go up the next season.

tomfitz12

CTRL+W to change this
Nov 25, 2012
southwick
I believe Reading were in relegation around Christmas the season before they were promoted. Of course no one mentions the teams who were there at Christmas and didn't go up the next season.

precisely.

however this could be because it is most likely that you are relegated if you are there at Christmas.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
I think that was later on. When they first came out in the 70s, Sony's Beta tapes were limited to an hour apparently but VHS could record for two hours. It changed in the 80s, presumably as Sony realised they'd messed up.
I stand corrected.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Betamax cassettes just looked weird. I liked the symmetry of a VHS tape.

But by the time I became aware of any of it the battle had already been won, and I only knew one person who had a Betamax.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field

You're quite correct - it's utter nonsense.

Not sure where I, and it would appear a lot of others, got this idea from.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I thought this was a thread about Hypia resigning how did it deviate to VHS and Betamax both now virtually obsolete.

Well, maybe Sami could realise that no matter how much you believe your system is the best, if it's unpopular and you don't change it, you're going to get binned in the long run. See, it's all relevant.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Well, maybe Sami could realise that no matter how much you believe your system is the best, if it's unpopular and you don't change it, you're going to get binned in the long run. See, it's all relevant.

Can we club together & get him a Betamax for Xmas?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here