Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rumour on Facebook that Hypia has resigned

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I know you think you're clever but it's actually pretty hard to know what you're going on about most of the time. Hyypia has been given players on loan that should do the job and yet we were just as clueless yesterday. Time for him to find a new club.
So didn't you see anything in the first hour that makes you think we are a better team with Bent.
Bearing in mind he's only been for 4 days and 1 training session.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
So didn't you see anything in the first hour that makes you think we are a better team with Bent.
Bearing in mind he's only been for 4 days and 1 training session.

I thought Bent was exactly what we have been missing all season won almost everything in the air and looked much fitter than those around him when he hasn't had hardly any game time so far with villa

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Spot on - more than careless that we (will inevitably) lose 3 managers in 3 seasons.

To be successful, we need to be united - that's the Board, the fans, the players, the Amex staff. It needs everyone singing off the same hymn sheet. We're not and no new Manager coming in is going to change that.

So Paul, how would you proceed?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Spot on - more than careless that we (will inevitably) lose 3 managers in 3 seasons.

To be successful, we need to be united - that's the Board, the fans, the players, the Amex staff. It needs everyone singing off the same hymn sheet. We're not and no new Manager coming in is going to change that.

A new manager would bring everybody back together united, Sami has either lost or is in the process of losing the greater majority of the fanbase

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I thought Bent was exactly what we have been missing all season won almost everything in the air and looked much fitter than those around him when he hasn't had hardly any game time so far with villa

I have to say i thought he would fade after 70 mins because he hadnt played...but was pleasantly surprised

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
NSC, phone ins, overhearing people at the ground, social media etc. I think over 50% of fans would want him to be sacked.

interesting...because when i talk to people at the ground i get a different view...at least before the Fulham game...personally i discount radio phone ins..people who moan always make more noise.....we shall see

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

Hmm...I may be wrong here but when Dick Knight was making a pig's ear of transfers, sacking a very long-standing Brighton manager who got us to 7th in league one with youth team players and replaced him with a bloke who nearly got us relegated to the bottom, I don't recall seeing you on NSC saying that the problem was a dysfunctional board/senior management.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
A new manager would bring everybody back together united, Sami has either lost or is in the process of losing the greater majority of the fanbase

Everybody? His post wasn't just about the fanbase. I still think the board need to look at themselves and how the relationship with the fans has grown apart despite all the fans forums. Q&As, emails and programme notes.
No resignation, sacking or new manager is going to put that right overnight.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
So you have been in a living in a bubble for the past 2-3 months ??? and don't listen to what people are saying

I don't live in the bubble of NSC....i live in a far wider world...I find that people who want to moan will dominate more than those who perhaps have seen a lot of what is happening now before...maybe who are a little more patient ..don't whinge and whine all the time etc...i'm happy with my world.

PS It was a genuine question as i thought maybe you canvas more than just NSC and those that shout loudest..sorry i asked!

You might find this of interest as it backs something up you said

http://www.northstandchat.com/content.php?353-It-s-time-for-hei-hei-Hyypi%E4

Last edited:

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Everybody? His post wasn't just about the fanbase. I still think the board need to look at themselves and how the relationship with the fans has grown apart despite all the fans forums. Q&As, emails and programme notes.
No resignation, sacking or new manager is going to put that right overnight.

Spot on. He's not good enough but everything that's wrong was happening before his appointment & will continue without serious changes of direction

Feb 14, 2010
Its not the Archer years. Archer obviously united the fans against all that was going on. Then the fans had to rally to survive at Gillingham and Withdean. Now the club has had those tough years and its how it moves on. With crowds of 25,000/30,000 you will never get everyone to agree. As such I dont agree we do need everyone on board. I read a post on here by a palace fan slagging off their chairman. He took them from bankrupt to the premier league. Bloom has bought a new ground and training ground for the club, but still its not enough for some people. Its true what they say, there really is no pleasing some people. I am however quite far from it all and so I'm mainly observing from a distance. However I sill have not understood what a poor team has to do with Barber? Did he scout the players? Did he pick the team? Did he kick a ball?

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
I don't live in the bubble of NSC....i live in a far wider world...do you? I find that people who want to moan will dominate more than those who perhaps have seen a lot of what is happening now before...maybe who are a little more patient ..don't whinge and whine all the time etc...i'm happy with my world.

PS It was a genuine question as i thought maybe you canvas more than just NSC and those that shout loudest..sorry i asked!
Or some are just a bit slower to catch on
Or like some people bought VHS recorders while others got Betamax, I'd put you down as Betamax man lame-o :wave:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Or some are just a bit slower to catch on
Or like some people bought VHS recorders while others got Betamax, I'd put you down as Betamax man lame-o :wave:

well no surprise that you posted ..you started wanting the manger sacked when GP was here and if you are still using a video recorder then you might like to look at yourself ....how r ya anyway

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here