Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rugby loses the moral high ground?

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Nope, I guess you are right there. Not like the modern footballers hey? :p

If you think it is such fun, why not try it at your local rugby club?

Is that because modern footballers don't all get naked after matches, drink each others vomit demonstrate latent homosexual tendancies?

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Aahh you've visited my rugby club before :lolol:

No he has never visited a rugby club or watched a senior game.... that's why his skewed views are so way off the mark.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Nope.
I love both of them.

And cricket.

Just not stupid/ignorant people.

Exactly Glawster..... Narrow minded people produce narrow views ..... I like your good self admire and actively support multiple sports, I draw the line at Diet Rugby ( aka rugby with all the goodness taken out) ..... I hope you have your ticket for the Cardiff showdown, its likely to be a cracking day.

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
Exactly Glawster..... Narrow minded people produce narrow views ..... I like your good self admire and actively support multiple sports, I draw the line at Diet Rugby ( aka rugby with all the goodness taken out) ..... I hope you have your ticket for the Cardiff showdown, its likely to be a cracking day.

I would love a ticket for that :tantrum:

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I would love a ticket for that :tantrum:

The beauty of being a member and ex-player of my village rugby club... 20 years a player gets you priority when the ticket requests go into HQ.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
No he has never visited a rugby club or watched a senior game.... that's why his skewed views are so way off the mark.

I suspect he has a bit of a complex as well? Probably got bullied at school by the big bad rugby players.

I must say that the ignorance about rugby on here has astounded me. No wonder Sussex does not have a team playing about National 2 (South)! - Even Loughborough Uni have a team of students playing in National 1! Having said that, maybe that is why there is such ignorance - because the only access to a decent level of club rugby requires a trip up to London?

Yoda

English & European
I suspect he has a bit of a complex as well? Probably got bullied at school by the big bad rugby players.

I must say that the ignorance about rugby on here has astounded me. No wonder Sussex does not have a team playing about National 2 (South)! - Even Loughborough Uni have a team of students playing in National 1! Having said that, maybe that is why there is such ignorance - because the only access to a decent level of club rugby requires a trip up to London?

Hopefully, that might change by the end of the season.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

I was hoping for a moore amusing and less bitter comeback but not to worry. Why do you have egg chasers have such a problem with the fact the rugby gives fat people the chance to play a team sport?

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I was hoping for a moore amusing and less bitter comeback but not to worry. Why do you have egg chasers have such a problem with the fact the rugby gives fat people the chance to play a team sport?

Why do some football fans have such a problem with people liking other sports?

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.

I will answer that, even though it is one of the most ignorant questions ever. Have you ever actually looked at a decent rugby team? If you have, can you honestly say that there were any players, with the possible exception of the front row, that looked in any way fat?

Then think about the front row players. Did they actually look "fat" or did they actually look like rejects from The Worlds Strongest Man?

Ignorance like yours is astonishing. The truth of the matter is that decent level rugby players come in all shapes and sizes, but ALL decent rugby players eclipse footballers as athletes. Look at modern footballers, they have all become puny since contact was taken out of the game.

I am guessing that you think rugby players are "fat" because they make you look like the guy on the beach who gets sand kicked at him, and tries to bury himself in the sand to hide, rather than get up an be embarised by his puny body.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
The problem with egg chasing lovers is that they make themselves such an easy target for the wind up. As soon as you start on them they explode like an angry puffer fish.

Personally I haven't really got anything against Rugby whatsover, it's just that the responses are so amusing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here