Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rugby loses the moral high ground?

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
The problem with egg chasing lovers is that they make themselves such an easy target for the wind up. As soon as you start on them they explode like an angry puffer fish.

Personally I haven't really got anything against Rugby whatsover, it's just that the responses are so amusing.

It would seem that way. You can just imagine their sausage fingers crashing against the keyboard in reply to logically thought out statements. Having played rugby myself, I know how easy it easy to play.

Glawstergull

May 21, 2004
GLAWSTERSHIRE
Exactly Glawster..... Narrow minded people produce narrow views ..... I like your good self admire and actively support multiple sports, I draw the line at Diet Rugby ( aka rugby with all the goodness taken out) ..... I hope you have your ticket for the Cardiff showdown, its likely to be a cracking day.

Somerset, i will be there.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
It would seem that way. You can just imagine their sausage fingers crashing against the keyboard in reply to logically thought out statements. Having played rugby myself, I know how easy it easy to play.

You actually played rugby? That must have been a sight! If you think rugby back have sausage fingers, when handling is a vital skill, you have excelled yourself in being stupid.

Did you play for Worthing? I understand that they are the only half-decent club in Sussex playing at National 3 (London) or above. Otherwise, who are you to say how easy it is? Anyone can be shit at a sport, and play for the rugby equivelant of a football pub team.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
You actually played rugby? That must have been a sight! If you think rugby back have sausage fingers, when handling is a vital skill, you have excelled yourself in being stupid.

Did you play for Worthing? I understand that they are the only half-decent club in Sussex playing at National 3 (London) or above. Otherwise, who are you to say how easy it is? Anyone can be shit at a sport, and play for the rugby equivelant of a football pub team.

Easy, easy, easy......report until fade.

Aug 17, 2011
Sevenoaks
I'm not sure what this reference to the moral high ground is. Rugby has it's share of cheats and bruisers, but I would say, for me, the watching experience is better at league matches. If I watch Quins on a Friday and Albion the following day I'm more intolerant of the coarseness of the crowd, whereas had I not been to the rugby the night before I wouldn't have noticed it so much. Rugby folk are less inclined to be irrational (although this is a generalism) because first and foremost most of them enjoy rugby first and their team second. In football it seems to be the other way round.

It's true of me. I can cope with an England defeat in rugby more than football, although I enjoy rugby more, because in rugby I admire the game and in football I go tribal. So my experience in football renders me to some kind of voluntary submission to a certain behavioural pattern.

It's quite disturbing when I think about it because it can be applied to so many parts of life.

what an interesting post, reminds me why i started coming here

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here