Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Royal Coach Pub Shoreham

phoenix

May 18, 2009
How easy is it to buy shares? I fancy a bit of a go. No idea where to start. I realise that this probably not a easy question, but thanks for any help!

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
That is on our regular cycle route to the beach. If it is Marstons it will get our business on the way back. Although The Red Lion does take some beating.

The best thing about the pub as it was - was the Fawlty Towers style re-rewording on the sign at the Lancing side of the building "HOARY SOTE" etc.

Yep got some good beers.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
How easy is it to buy shares? I fancy a bit of a go. No idea where to start. I realise that this probably not a easy question, but thanks for any help!

There's plenty of online stock-brokers. As with any bet, only risk what you can afford to lose. I work in the markets, but I've given up on holding shares. Holding certain shares can get you discounts at those businesses though, might be worth looking in to.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
There's plenty of online stock-brokers. As with any bet, only risk what you can afford to lose. I work in the markets, but I've given up on holding shares. Holding certain shares can get you discounts at those businesses though, might be worth looking in to.

Thanks Tricky!

Thanks Tricky!

I use Halifax Share Dealing - £11.95 per trade and can set up an account online in 10 minutes and trade right away.

84 shares will currently cost you you £129 including the fee.

20% off a few meals and you will have covered this - then, if you ever get a dividend and the company does not go skint, you are a winner all round!

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Thanks kingcole, will have a little look later.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
As I said 2 weeks ago...........................

Definitely a Marstons Gastro pub. Like Pitcher and Piano but with the emphasis a bit more foodie that bar-ie.

Should be open in June.

Top Tip: Buy 85 shares in Marstons (currently £1.35 ea) and it will entitle you to 20% off food and accommodation.

To add - this is going to feature Marston's 2 for 1 menu. And the shares do work. I got my discount card through today!

like a said a few weeks ago
,2 for1meal deals,they need to shift a lot of meals,the ex landlord of the pub has now taken over the farmers

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Posh nosh is still going but for a better burger or a cracking kebab go over the road to the charcoal grilled chicken place their kebabs are:drool:

loads of people have said that,havent been pissed enough yet:)

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Marstons is a great shout - better than Harvester for sure. Beer not terrible, food will be your usual microwave pap I've no doubt, and it will no doubt be a soulless airport lounge of a place, but I'd rather that than some s**t hole where chavs go for a "posh meal out".

It will be f*****g heaving come Shoreham air show....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here