Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Royal Blood

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Don't get me wrong it's not terrible- perfectly listenable in fact, and there's a couple of tracks that are pretty good, but I don't understand the hype. I kinda get it on here - local boys done good - and I do hope they do well of course, but it's just a bit underwhelming having read some of the comments on here about them!!!!

I can see it. They tick a lot of boxes, especially for the younger generation.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Don't get me wrong it's not terrible- perfectly listenable in fact, and there's a couple of tracks that are pretty good, but I don't understand the hype. I kinda get it on here - local boys done good - and I do hope they do well of course, but it's just a bit underwhelming having read some of the comments on here about them!!!!

My sentiments entirely. Mind you, that genre isn't really my cup of tea anyway.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Will they do another one in Brighton soon do you know?

No plans at the moment as far as I know, but I'm sure they will at some point in 2015.

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Did anyone on NSC go last night? I thought that they were crap. Instantly forgettable songs, banal lyrics & loud guitar, as opposed to lead guitar. Although I was never a fan, it made me realise how good groups like Led Zeppelin were eons ago. I saw them too at The Dome in Dec 1972.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Did anyone on NSC go last night? I thought that they were crap. Instantly forgettable songs, banal lyrics & loud guitar, as opposed to lead guitar. Although I was never a fan, it made me realise how good groups like Led Zeppelin were eons ago. I saw them too at The Dome in Dec 1972.

It's a bit unfair to judge them against Led Zeppelin. I think you also have to understand their target audience isn't the likes of me or you......I also wonder if your parents thought the music you listened to was "loud" and "forgettable"? :smile:

I think they're okay on record, but live they are excellent IMHO, but above all I'm pleased a new generation of kids are now turned onto this sort of stuff and hopefully they'll provide a gateway to other bands and maybe the bands you allude to.

tonyt

Feb 23, 2009
I went last night and thought they were absolutely terrific!
Great songs and a great live band.
I've been going to see live music for 40 years and thought their performance was up there with some of the better gigs I've been to over the years - and there have been many!
One man's meat is another man's poison and all that ....

albionite

May 20, 2009

Why the hell did you go then, others that are fans missed out on tickets.

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
I went to formulate my own opinion, rather than rely upon reviews and you tube. Ironically the Led Zeppelin concert that I referred to took place 42 years ago to the day of the Royal Blood gig.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
I thought they were excellent.

One of my favourite bands at the minute, and last night's gig lived up to my expectations. I was slightly surprised by the order of the playlist, particularly with regard to the opener, but I really enjoyed it - would definitely go and see them again.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
They were excellent tonight and 2000 Berlin kids were going nuts for them. I was a bit drunk and my enthusiasm got the better of me so there were a few Seagulls chants. The drummer seemed to acknowledge them as well.

Mini Mansions, the support, were good; will check them out.

Whew

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I saw them in Cambridge a while back and they were outstanding.

Also, the band that supported them, Turbowolf, were brilliant too. The Adrien Brody-esque lead singer was bonkers.
This is them:
[yt]pY7zqDemqZo[/yt]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here