Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Royal Blood

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
There is usually a way in. So desperate was I for London Grammar tickets for their sold out Dome show last year that I watched the Dome website 24 hours a day (handy being a shift worker sometimes) and eventually scooped two standing tickets that had been returned and put back up for sale online. The Dome tend to only sell returns online, not in person at the box office.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Total shambles from The Dome.

Interesting that they are now not showing any comments on the Royal Blood page because they have a stream of people saying the same thing - pathetic organisation. Perhaps a little less money should be spent on some avant garde rubbish in the Festival and a little more spent on a ticketing system so that people can see things they actually want to see.

Why didn't it go on sale on Saturday and Sunday when a few more of us could have found the time to go and queue?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Sold out. Site was crashed the whole time didn't even get near. Looks like those that queued up outside and the touts snapped up all the tickets. Now selling for £200 on other sites

That is a disgrace! The touting situation for popular shows is just ridiculous now. It would be interesting to know what percentage of tickets are bought on the 'secondary' market. I wonder if bands themselves can specify that no tickets to their shows can be resold from any unofficial outlet and get any found online taken off.

I actually didn't bother applying for this one as I am not sure whether I'll be here on that date but I sympathise with those who have been mugged off by profiteering spivs.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Didn't get tickets. Gutted.

Me neither. Very disappointed.

Pathetic organisation from The Dome.

If they are going to play there, surely a few days residency would be a better idea? It was always obvious that a local band who are going places quickly would sell out in milliseconds.

tonyt

Feb 23, 2009
I've just managed to buy some at Residents Records in Kensington Gardens.
They were still selling them when I left at about 10.15.

blueandwhitestripes

Mar 18, 2008
Sussex

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Me neither. Very disappointed.

Pathetic organisation from The Dome.

If they are going to play there, surely a few days residency would be a better idea? It was always obvious that a local band who are going places quickly would sell out in milliseconds.

The Sunday is still a possibility. Nobody in there on that date.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's illegal to sell a football ticket without the club's consent period. It should be a similarly illegal to flog a gig ticket above face.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Wow that is a disgrace especially at those prices. I was one of the lucky ones who managed to bag 2 tickets thanks to my wife who logged on at 9am. The system needs to change to stop these money grabbers buying up loads of tickets but I assume the Dome and other venues are happy for this sort of thing to go on.

I don't think they're happy. More they cannot be arsed to do anything about it. See my earlier posts about Michael Eavis.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I will be seeing them on Monday at a hastily arranged Berlin gig. This sold out quickly as well but it's a smaller venue.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I will be seeing them on Monday at a hastily arranged Berlin gig. This sold out quickly as well but it's a smaller venue.

This Monday coming? If yes, excellent news, speaking as one who is on Norwegian Air's inaugural flight from Gatwick on that very day! Don't supppose it's POTG by any chance?

Edit: Gah! Just read to the end of your post. The 'sold out' bit. Have they gone global already then? Or do they just have a big away support?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

I'm sure you wouldn't do anything so crass but Ben would REALLY appreciate a shout of "Seagulls" at any point in the gig.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This Monday coming? If yes, excellent news, speaking as one who is on Norwegian Air's inaugural flight from Gatwick on that very day! Don't supppose it's POTG by any chance?

Edit: Gah! Just read to the end of your post. The 'sold out' bit. Have they gone global already then? Or do they just have a big away support?

Yup. 3 days time.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm sure you wouldn't do anything so crass but Ben would REALLY appreciate a shout of "Seagulls" at any point in the gig.

If you're serious I am sure a few beers down I could rustle up a SEAGULLS.

Is this gig a regular gig or has it been put together to showcase the band to the German music industry? Just curious as to the short notice, the fact it's not on their website and the small venue?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here