Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Roy Grace coming to ITV next year

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Shame it is on ITV and will be constantly interrupted by adverts.

Hopefully it will go to britbox really quickly to be able to watch it with no breaks advert free.

BTW. If you liked Broadchurch, I recommend The Bay. Bloody excellent.

SPOILERS Also watched Finding Alice....very good but last episode was really disappointing

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Tanks for the heads up

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Sorry, bad news.

Well, it was a bit naff.

rg1.JPG

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I was surprised they did each book in a single episode. I would have expected maybe 2 episodes for each.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I'm told that three new episodes have been commissioned and that filming on at least one seafront location will be taking place next month.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I'm told that three new episodes have been commissioned and that filming on at least one seafront location will be taking place next month.

I hope they are better than the one they already showed. If it hadn’t been filmed in Brighton we would have switched off halfway through. Daft story and unusually flat performance from John Simm. In fairness he didn’t have much to work with though.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I hope they are better than the one they already showed. If it hadn’t been filmed in Brighton we would have switched off halfway through. Daft story and unusually flat performance from John Simm. In fairness he didn’t have much to work with though.

The book was good, but I agree that TV episode was pants. I came away thinking they crammed it in to 90 minutes (or whatever) and missed large chunks of plot/character which might have made it better (maybe!)

May 5, 2020
Sussex
That's great news.
I will look forward to those.
I really enjoyed the first one and I imagine if they have three episodes planned they can really raise the quality further.
I wonder if the three episodes cover one story or be three separate stories.
Im sure they will be good whichever path they choose.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010

Sorry Nev, got to disagree, thought it was excellent, and the starting point for a long term ITV series, along the lines of Frost, Vera and Morse.

Shirty

Daring to Zlatan

Completely agree. I havent read the books but l do generally like these type of shows so had high hopes, but I thought this was rubbish. A stupid storyline - much better found elsewhere I'm afraid. I wont be watching again :down:

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
I thoroughly enjoyed the first one but the woman chief police officer was like a cartoon characterisation of every negative you could imagine from a leader and a murder investigator - dreadful and unbelievable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here