Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Roy Grace coming to ITV next year

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I thought it was average - book much better - although the books all merge after a while - very samey.

If it wasn't set in Brighton I'm not sure I'd bother.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Keep 'em peeled

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/19521633.filming-grace-series-two-begins-brighton-hove/

Grace.JPG

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
They have another story already in the can don't they? When will they be airing that l wonder. Am l right in saying that ITV have only shown the one thus far?

Yes only one at the moment. And yes I think some of the second series has already been filmed so I think they're resuming rather than starting.

Smirko

Aug 19, 2011
Brighton
Just received an e-mail from work, stating ITV want to film in our office one evening! WFH anyway but my desk may be famous! can only be for the new series of Grace , shirley.

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
Just received an e-mail from work, stating ITV want to film in our office one evening! WFH anyway but my desk may be famous! can only be for the new series of Grace , shirley.

What is your place of work if you're allowed to say? It might give a clue as to what part of the story for us that know the books.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
They were filming near Danny House for a few days. Hacked off the locals by blocking the lanes.

Ah, that takes me back nearly 20 years ago when they were filming 'Wimbledon' with Paul Bettany and Kirsten Dunst on my street at the time (Powis Road in Seven Dials)

Know the turned Headroom Barbers into a bookies and left a mighty fine new floor for the owners to enjoy!

Any yes, they did block up the road for a few days selfish buggers :)

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Started season 1 last night turned it off after half an hour. Absolutely painful B-Movie level acting. Proper disappointment.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
In completely unrelated news, there’s a marvellous scene in the remake of Brighton Rock where Pinky Brown exits the Regency Cafe in London SW1 (featured in the famous tea urn murder scene in Layer Cake) which is masquerading as a Brighton cafe, gets on his Vespa or Lambretta parked outside and rides one street straight onto Eastbourne seafront, which is masquerading as Brighton seafront.
:amex:

As you were.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
In completely unrelated news, there’s a marvellous scene in the remake of Brighton Rock where Pinky Brown exits the Regency Cafe in London SW1 (featured in the famous tea urn murder scene in Layer Cake) which is masquerading as a Brighton cafe, gets on his Vespa or Lambretta parked outside and rides one street straight onto Eastbourne seafront, which is masquerading as Brighton seafront.
:amex:

As you were.

That's why I have never bothered with the remake. Cant beat the original.

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
Looks like for the new episodes they will be based in Burgess Hill with the empty tall building by the centre being the police station, the back of one of the shops being Cleos mortuary and the empty Lidl store being used for other scenes.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Large TV units currently in Corals car park in Hove (so I’m told)

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
Has episode 2 aired yet? I’ve just noticed it’s on here on Sunday:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here