Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Roy Grace coming to ITV next year

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
If Russell Lewis's scripts for this series, are anything like as good as the ones he writes/wrote for Endeavour, this sounds really promising.

I do wonder though if this means that there won't be a seventh series of Endeavour, now he seems to have turned his attention from Oxford to Brighton. It will be such a shame if that's the case.

Series 7 and 8 have been recommissioned. Series 7 is scheduled for early next year.

Re Roy Grace, I want to know who is playing Cleo who is a bit of a babe according to the books.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Series 7 and 8 have been recommissioned. Series 7 is scheduled for early next year.

Re Roy Grace, I want to know who is playing Cleo who is a bit of a babe according to the books.

That's exactly what I want to know. I've always imagined her as a bit of a blonde bombshell.

I hope there's a good casting of the slimy Cassian Pewe as well. I think he'd be a fun character to play.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Now we will know what residents of Oxford feel like when Lewis and Morse take extreme scenic detours from A to B via Z.

I for one am looking forward to throwing stuff at the screen as Grace drives along the seafront with the sun setting through the West Pier ruin on his way from Mile Oak to Old Boat Corner.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Good choice of actor, I liked him in Life on Mars.

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
I'm not too sure Peter James' true to life police procedural stories and the Roy Grace story will hold up these days what with the likes of Line of Duty being so good. It's a shame because the RG books were written well before Line of Duty and would have made good, innovative TV if they'd been adapted before Line of Duty.

And no, the character as described in the books does not look like John Simm.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Started on Monday apparently.

dro.JPG

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
If Russell Lewis's scripts for this series, are anything like as good as the ones he writes/wrote for Endeavour, this sounds really promising.

I do wonder though if this means that there won't be a seventh series of Endeavour, now he seems to have turned his attention from Oxford to Brighton. It will be such a shame if that's the case.
The last series of Endeavour was rubbish though. It jarred with all the previous episodes. Hopefully Lewis will get back to his original strengths and create a new classic.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Dreadful author, lazy books, reminds me of Matt Lucas as Barbara Cartland lying on the couch dictating vacuous crap to David Walliams to fill up/bulk out her latest novel.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here