Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Roughest away boozer you've had a pre-match beer in !

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
I went into a very grim home fans only boozer in bristol once when I think we won at Ashton Gate about 10 years ago. A beefcake bar lady shoved some chips in front of us and said do ya want a chip? We politely declined and she went ****ING MENTAL! We then ate all of them and left.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I seem to recall a pub at canvey Island. We used park and ride, got near the ground and went in a pub which was full of homicidal maniacs and brain dead dullards! We ordered our drinks and this little bloke came up to one of our group and muttered something at him, whe. He said " what did you say" that obviously was a sign as we suddenly ended up getting attacked from all sides.

I have been to millwall, West Ham, Cardiff, Chesterfield Sunderland, Newcastle, Coventry, Birmingham and all the other hard nut places in the country and by far the worst was canvey Island. Horrible horrible shits ...hated that cup game and vowed I would never ever go anywhere near that shithole ever again.

Jan 30, 2008
I was in a pub in Oldham back in the 80's and the landlord asked if we were up for the footy so we replied that we were. He then suggested we leave before his regulars
arrived as "They'll kick the s**t out of you when they arrive".
I was invited along to that pub ???after the game , declined the offer, Brighton lad got put through the window:nono:
regards
DR

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I ruddy LOVE threads about grotty pubs.

But I do also feel a bit inadequate at not having been to any real shockers like some mentioned above here over the years.

Oh come on. Surely you recall that Bistro / Wine Bar we went into before Cheltenham away. Your pinot grigio blush was barely chilled and I'm still not 100% convinced that my seared sword fish tagliatelle with asparagus was prepared using fresh pasta. The less said about the Eton Mess the better.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
This was probably the oddest pub I've ever been in.

Is that the one with shuttering ply everywhere including the bar?.....my mate kept a straight face when he asked the doorman if it was open after the game!

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Non league The Sun Leighton Buzzard ,where as we left to go to the game we were attacked with CS gas ,Baseball Bats ,Brooms and an assortment of a good toolbox .League days White Lion ,Burnley,The Battle ,Reading and The Merebrook ,Bromborough [Tranmere Rovers] I must add The Cannon in Aldershot in it's day was rough even for home fans:D:D

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I was invited along to that pub ???after the game , declined the offer, Brighton lad got put through the window:nono:
regards
DR

Did you do the Sunderland away game in 1978/9, Tuesday night I think, there was only about 30 of us there that night, and it was very scary after the game with lots of nutters looking for brighton fans and Ivor caplins brother, a chef I think he was, and I ended up getting dragged out of a fish and chip shop by coppers after we were trying to defend ourselves from some huge skinheads.

Never been so pleased to see the cops

Jan 30, 2008
Did you do the Sunderland away game in 1978/9, Tuesday night I think, there was only about 30 of us there that night, and it was very scary after the game with lots of nutters looking for brighton fans and Ivor caplins brother, a chef I think he was, and I ended up getting dragged out of a fish and chip shop by coppers after we were trying to defend ourselves from some huge skinheads.

no mate
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
As the thread suggests,

Jubilee City, Derby,
Rifle Club, Portsmouth,
But the worst for me was a pub about 50 yards away from Stoke's old Victoria Ground,
I cannot remember it's name but a minibus load of us walked for a beer and was lucky to get out alive.
Anymore anyone ?
Rifle club???
regards
DR

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Oh come on. Surely you recall that Bistro / Wine Bar we went into before Cheltenham away. Your pinot grigio blush was barely chilled and I'm still not 100% convinced that my seared sword fish tagliatelle with asparagus was prepared using fresh pasta. The less said about the Eton Mess the better.

You're right, I had tried to forget. Ghastly.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

I remember the game bloody cold. Frozen pitch.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Went up to wolves a few years back on a mini bus and went in a boozer behind the away end near the subway ( forget the name ) . They tolerated us , just , then we went to the game . Afterwards we met them again by the subway and they weren't so accommodating ???

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I was in a pub in Oldham back in the 80's and the landlord asked if we were up for the footy so we replied that we were. He then suggested we leave before his regulars
arrived as "They'll kick the s**t out of you when they arrive".

But Catty you were known as the blade boy in your day .surely you stayed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here