Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Roughest away boozer you've had a pre-match beer in !

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Really friendly pub. My nose was introduced to 1 of the locals fists.
The surprise to me isn't that someone smashed you, more that you wondered past that place and thought yeah, I fancy a pint in there......a pub full of nutters. It's called something else now, Mavericks I think, but still probably best avoided.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
The surprise to me isn't that someone smashed you, more that you wondered past that place and thought yeah, I fancy a pint in there......a pub full of nutters. It's called something else now, Mavericks I think, but still probably best avoided.

I was absolutely shitfaced when I went in, f*ck knows how I got served and got into the ground afterwards.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Was in Edinburgh in '97, and Hibs were at home on the Sat. afternoon, so when in Rome. Was staying in a place near Heart's ground, so was technically away, and went in the worst pub I've been in in my entire!

Sawdust on the floor, spitoons, broken teeth, tatts, scars (the last three on the barmaids LOL), no windows, chairs/tables screwed to the floor, and the worst aspect being the only lager they had was McKewans :sick:

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Rough as in 'trouble' or rough as in rough surroundings?

If the latter, Liverpool away a couple of years ago, name escapes me, Lino floor, couple of boarded up windows, two sofas from the 70s with fag burns all over the arms, a parrot in a cage in the corner to which the locals were feeding chewy cereal bars.

Locals were friendly, and it was really cheap.

Should have stayed in there whilst the game was on.

Names come to me... The valley, story about it here...

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=121141.0

Last edited:

Albion_Dave

Jul 4, 2011
Eastbourne

It's amazing that any sensible thoughts leave your brain when your young and stupid :facepalm:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
That boozer outside of St. Mary's was a bit ropey, the one with the bar upstairs. How did we end up drinking there?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
one up the hill from Bradford's ground. Kitchen with a curtain instead of a door and a constant stream of rastas going in and out of the kitchen. Then one challenged me to a game of pool...........

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
A group os us went to some east-end dive prior to the FA Cup game at West Ham a few years ago, it was a couple of tube stops away from the ground. The weather was absolutely HONKING down, so we pretty much ran straight into the first pub we came across. It seemed to have its own internal mini eco-climate, with a low, dank mist hanging around the dimly lit, deserted saloon. Sticky carpets that made a "schlupp" sound as you walked across them. Moth-eaten net curtains stained yellow from decades of smoke. A barmaid with the complexion of corned beef, and a face which had so much metal hanging out of it, it resembled the wall behind the counter of a Mister MINIT. She had so many tattoos I didn't know whether to order a drink or read her. Oh, and BULLET holes in the bar.

But it had Sky, it had a roof, and it was raining. Any port in a storm.

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
Yeates in Burnley. First pub we came across, and in a matter of minutes it turned into a sea of Burberry caps. I believe a forest fan was killed outside not long after.
Not nice.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
The turnstile at Leicester, when they played at Filbert Street

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
As the thread suggests,

Jubilee City, Derby,
Rifle Club, Portsmouth,
But the worst for me was a pub about 50 yards away from Stoke's old Victoria Ground,
I cannot remember it's name but a minibus load of us walked for a beer and was lucky to get out alive.
Anymore anyone ?
The Victoria was closest to the ground and indeed was rough.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Definitely the one in Aldershot before our cup game ( quite a few years ago now).

We got out just in time before the chairs started being thrown around. Horrible, horrible place and full of nutters.
I was in Shooters that day and i'm not a nutter.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I ruddy LOVE threads about grotty pubs.

But I do also feel a bit inadequate at not having been to any real shockers like some mentioned above here over the years. Even that weird away-only one at Peterborough which was devoid of furniture wasn't rough as such, just a bit grim.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here