Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rotherham penalty announced before weekend [Update: 3pts deduction]

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
So what other clubs have been found guilty of this and deducted 3 points ? i seem to remember Sunderland getting away with the same thing after their lawyers blamed the lunar cycle and a plague of locusts

It's teams that win that get points deducted in a League game. If they lose, it's just a fine. It was only 5 years ago when it happened to us the last time - Hartlepool.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I hope it is only a fine

Well that would send out the wrong message.

Has to be 3pts and nothing else. We should also get +1 added to our GD

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It must be a 3 point deduction, surely.

If we were still in the relegation mix, we should really have got an option of a replay as well, but that's just a waste of time now.

A 3 point penalty would leave :

Rotherham 43 41
Millwall 44 40
Wigan 44 39

which leaves all to play for, and interesting for the rest of us.

I think Rotherham will win their game in hand v Reading anyway.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
So what other clubs have been found guilty of this and deducted 3 points ? i seem to remember Sunderland getting away with the same thing after their lawyers blamed the lunar cycle and a plague of locusts

Was complicated, si?

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
In my Sunday league it is very simple. If you field an ineligible player, for whatever reason, the other side is awarded a 0-0 win, unless the other side won the game of course !! The worst result they can have is a 0-0 win awarded. I'm surprised this is not standardised, as the league follows FA regulations generally.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
I'm a SPORTSMAN and they beat us fair and square so shouldn't be relegated on a technicality

I accept that they could have beaten us with 9 and we would not have hit the target until midnight but roolz is roolz. It was not 'fair and square' as one of their players should not have been on the pitch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here