Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rotherham penalty announced before weekend [Update: 3pts deduction]

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
I would be happy to personally attend the inevitable appeal hearing and confirm even if the inelligable player hadn't played against us we still wouldn't have scored!!!!!

“Rotherham United FC are very disappointed by the decision to deduct 3 points for fielding a player who was ineligible purely because of an administrative error. It is our view that true sports fans want to see competitions settled on the pitch and not to have them affected by what happens in disciplinary proceedings. We await the reasoned judgement of the FDC and once we have received it we will issue our appeal after discussion with Jim Sturman QC. In the meantime we are confident that our team possesses the will and spirit to ensure that the points deduction is academic by securing our Championship status on the pitch. It would not be appropriate to make any further comment on this matter until after the appeal process has been concluded.”
Read more at http://www.themillers.co.uk/news/article/rotherham-united-2420872.aspx#JoBzHraC6YBvAboF.99

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The appeal (pointless though I'm sure it will be) should be done and dusted within 48 hours, not left to drag on until the day before the end of the season. It's not exactly a complicated legal process to sort out, is it?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Few more grand in the bank for us because of this news... :)

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Few more grand in the bank for us because of this news... :)

How's that? Is it because we should finish above them? I wouldn't be confident in that scenario.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
How's that? Is it because we should finish above them? I wouldn't be confident in that scenario.

Yeh! Although you're right, I went and forgot how shite we are :lol:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
“Rotherham United FC are very disappointed by the decision to deduct 3 points for fielding a player who was ineligible purely because of an administrative error. It is our view that true sports fans want to see competitions settled on the pitch and not to have them affected by what happens in disciplinary proceedings. We await the reasoned judgement of the FDC and once we have received it we will issue our appeal after discussion with Jim Sturman QC. In the meantime we are confident that our team possesses the will and spirit to ensure that the points deduction is academic by securing our Championship status on the pitch. It would not be appropriate to make any further comment on this matter until after the appeal process has been concluded.”
Read more at http://www.themillers.co.uk/news/article/rotherham-united-2420872.aspx#JoBzHraC6YBvAboF.99

Cheats.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I would be happy to personally attend the inevitable appeal hearing and confirm even if the inelligable player hadn't played against us we still wouldn't have scored!!!!!

Aside from the fact the ineligible player cleared a shot from Bennett off the line. It was part of the reason he got MOM.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control

None too classy a statement. Douglas should take responsibility. It's still in t'Millers' hands.

My affection for Rov borders on a randy affair, but we should feel akin to them more than Killmaul or Wigan. Ground nicked from beneath them by a greedy business curmudgeon, multiple starts on minus points for the financial problems that caused them, repeatedly patronised, testing years around at an athletics stadium, long campaign for a decent new ground etc etc.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Rotherham need 1 win and 2 draws to avoid relegation very possible with Norwich and Reading at home and Leeds away that is assuming Millwall beat Derby and Wolves I hope Millwall lose 1 and draw the other so Rotherham are safe.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Dislike the Millbrawl goons coming to Brighton, but love the away trip to Bermondsey.

Neutral towards Wigan.

On balance, I'd quite like to see Rotherham survive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here