Rotherham Child Rape Scandal

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Yep, most things are primarily class issues. A feminist would respond but it's the underclass girls that got raped, not the underclass boys - and that's true. But as you correctly say, it was ONLY girls of a certain socio-economic level in Rotherham that, crucially, we've all been taught to despise.

Race then enters as a third aggravating factor. My theory is this - and it could be wrong so don't shoot me.

We've heard over and over again that the reason why white girls got targeted instead of Pakistani girls was because of the deep moral principles of the scumbags involved of not hitting their own. Is really anyone buying this? The type of scumbag who rapes and exploits vulnerable kids doesn't have any principles, beyond not getting caught. To assign principles to them as bonehead BNP types do is almost to prettify their behaviour.

What happened in Rotherham was that the disenfranchised white underclass provided easier targets than girls in their own immigrant communities - why? As anyone familar with first, second and third generation immigrant assimilation in this country will know, first generation immigrants maintain far tighter family structures when they first arrive in their host country - far tighter reins on their kids, as a defence against what they perceive to be an unfamilar and at times very difficult new environment. The wave of Pakistani immigration we are talking about here is relatively recent - there will be relatively few third generationers born yet, so most Pakistani family units in Rotherham will remain under the control of the more strict first generationers rather than the more assimilated "English" second generation Pakistanis.

Contrast this with the battered white working class of Rotherham - battered by the mass unemployment of the 1970s/1980s, battered by the coal mine closures, generally battered by government policy towards the north. Here - family units have disintegrated under the impact of poverty, kids having kids, no family structure, no defence for vulnerable kids. If you were an opportunistic rapist in this midst of all this, would you target the generally more protected Pakistani kids or the so-called "feral" products of broken estates? Which would you think you could get away with? You can paint this as race all you like - but it would miss the key factor here. It is poverty and neglect that has created a generation of kids that the police, council bureaucrats and "polite" society don't give a shit about.
What a lot of bollox , we are on the 4th and 5th generations.

No it's not, it really isn't. There have been countless abuses on middle-class kids over the years - in after-school clubs at grammar schools, at public schools, Scouts, Guides, Boys Brigade...the list goes on. Child abuse is exclusively a working-class phenomenon? Very dngerous thinking.

Over 20 private schools being investigated for abuse: http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/former-politicians-schools-involved-child-sex-abuse-investigation-1432092

That's a completely fair point you make. To say the worst examples of child abuse occur among the underclass doesn't mean there won't be plenty of examples outside this pattern. Yes, it is dangerous to overlook those and I hope I would not do that, it's just we're not at the current time discussing problems at the Rotherham grammar school for girls.

This is completely in accord with feminist critiques that doesn't assign any higher nobility to the middle and upper classes when it comes to oppressing their own women.

It wasn't so much me being led by her analysis as you. You were the one denying that race/culture was at the root of the problem in Rotherham and who thinks that the situation can best be described by Asian feminists so I responded to that with an article by a muslim feminist who does think that race/culture was a root cause. If I was going to be led by anyone in this case it would be Professor Alexis Jay who wrote the report and who also thinks race/culture was at the heart of the problem.

This is the same Alexis Jay that included evidence of young Pakistani girls being targeted by Pakistani abusers. OK.

And it's a pity you've abandoned Yasmin so quickly

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
That's a completely fair point you make. To say the worst examples of child abuse occur among the underclass doesn't mean there won't be plenty of examples outside this pattern. Yes, it is dangerous to overlook those and I hope I would not do that, it's just we're not at the current time discussing problems at the Rotherham grammar school for girls.

This is completely in accord with feminist critiques that doesn't assign any higher nobility to the middle and upper classes when it comes to oppressing their own women.

Hmm...oppression is not just a feminist issue, you know. There are plenty of cases of women abusing men/children. It's been argued that it has been historically under-reported because society doesn't generally view women as abusers, there is a social stigma attached to men reporting rape/abuse and the authorities not taking the issue seriously.

Hmm...oppression is not just a feminist issue, you know. There are plenty of cases of women abusing men/children. It's been argued that it has been historically under-reported because society doesn't generally view women as abusers, there is a social stigma attached to men reporting rape/abuse and the authorities not taking the issue seriously.

Agreed - as long as this doesn't turn into a long list of whataboutery designed to deflect and derail from recognising dominant patterns. You could also have mentioned men abusing young boys as another variant of oppression, all must be recognised and the abusers brought to justice

Perhaps you could ask your dad what generation you're on , if you know who he is ?

Think so, fat Tipperaryman who lives in the most successful multicultural city in the world, your national capital

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Agreed - as long as this doesn't turn into a long list of whataboutery designed to deflect and derail from recognising dominant patterns. You could also have mentioned men abusing young boys as another variant of oppression, all must be recognised and the abusers brought to justice

I'm not trying to detract from anything, I can assure you. I'm just slightly wary of your repeated use of feminism as the definitive viewpoint. As I've said repeatedly, there's no single cause to child abuse, no single type of perpetrator, no single type of victim and certainly no single solution but specifically with Rotherham, race was a huge factor.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I'm not trying to detract from anything, I can assure you. I'm just slightly wary of your repeated use of feminism as the definitive viewpoint. As I've said repeatedly, there's no single cause to child abuse, no single type of perpetrator, no single type of victim and certainly no single solution but specifically with Rotherham, race was a huge factor.

But LI would sooner talk about the underclass of the battered whites years of neglect. Fails to mention this whilst being governed by an almost total Labour council and over a decade of Labour government and a Guardian loving MP. 55th most deprived out of about 350. Unemployment about only 2.5% above national average average wage only £2000 below national and an accepted cheaper living. Of course some areas may be bad accepted but don't make out it's a battle worn wasteland

Hastings coincidently 19th on the list!!

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
Margaret Oliver (retired detective Greater Manchester Police) just been interviewed on R4, she investigated grooming and sexual abuse as an new type of crime in early 2000s and found the scale of abuse of vulnerable/young white children in Manchester by Pakistani men to be "epidemic". No prosecutions followed despite investigations and no recording of rapes/abuse were entered into the crime figures. She could not understand (and is still uncertain) why such crimes were not recorded or why prosecutions never followed, despite twice persuading many abused girls/families prepared for court.

Blunkett followed this interview with platitudes about the bravery of these abused girls, whilst also referring to Anne Cryer MP for Keighley as also being brave for highlighting the same type of abuse in a constituency where raising the matter could affect her political career.

This issue neatly wrapped up in a nutshell and all available to be heard on iPlayer.

It's all OK though, we now have an item about typewriters...............

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
The Met aren't far off.

leading on from the miners strike , a lot of the coppers up there were from down south and with only 2 or 3 years service , i know that for a fact , so that would seem to let the pudding bashers off there , hillsborough they are still very much in the firing line for , but this latest endemic , child abduction/rape scandal is probably the most damning element on their resume , i mean how the feck can it have been let go for so long and with so many victims , is it a case of letting them get away with it until the locals do something about it...??? i mean , do we really put anything past the govt...?? do we...??

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
, is it a case of letting them get away with it until the locals do something about it...??? i mean , do we really put anything past the govt...?? do we...??

Well put it this way. A lot of recent scandals have been supressed as much by public disbelief/indifference than by cover-ups. I think we all need to realise what lengths certain insititutions are prepared to go to in order to supress the truth.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
leading on from the miners strike , a lot of the coppers up there were from down south and with only 2 or 3 years service , i know that for a fact , so that would seem to let the pudding bashers off there , hillsborough they are still very much in the firing line for , but this latest endemic , child abduction/rape scandal is probably the most damning element on their resume , i mean how the feck can it have been let go for so long and with so many victims , is it a case of letting them get away with it until the locals do something about it...??? i mean , do we really put anything past the govt...?? do we...??

do we trust anyone?
am I right in thinking it was the South Yorkshire lot who somehow lost or withheld some evidence in the Soham murders
Huntley would not have got to murder anyone if they had maybe passed on this evidence to the locals or the school

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
The police are the perfect little workers to both wittingly and unwittingly do the politicians bidding.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports