Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rotherham Child Rape Scandal

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Not just Rotherham though, many towns/cities.
From today.

Police knew grooming gangs were targeting Birmingham schools five years ago but did not alert public.
Confidential documents also show West Midlands force was concerned about community tensions because of link to Pakistani men. (not surprised)
West Midlands Police knew five years ago that Asian grooming gangs were targeting children outside schools across the city - but failed to make the threat public.

Documents obtained by the Birmingham Mail show the force were aware pupils were at risk of child sexual exploitation (CSE) back in 2010.
ADVERTISING

The confidential report, obtained under a Freedom of Information Act, also shows police were worried about community tensions if the abuse from predominantly Pakistani grooming gangs was made public.

The West Midlands Police document entitled Problem Profile, Operation Protection is from March 2010 and highlights how grooming had been directed specifically at schools and children’s homes.
The 2010 report said police had identified a potential 139 victims, 78 per cent of whom were white while more than half were aged 13 to 15. Half of all victims lived within parental homes, while 41 per cent lived in care.

The report said of the 75 grooming suspects identified, a large proportion were from a Pakistani background and a significant proportion were likely to be from a Muslim background.
http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/police-knew-grooming-gangs-were-9518461

Last edited:

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
This is interesting. From Alexis Jay who wrote the Rotherham report.

When she wrote the report, the chapter that gave her the most sleepless nights was about the ethnicity of the perpetrators. Almost all of them were from Rotherham’s Pakistani-heritage community, which makes up just 3.1% of the local population. She cringes slightly when I ask her to explain the overrepresentation. “It’s a very complex issue and I am not an expert,” she begins. I say that she is surely more of an expert than almost anyone else. There’s a long pause. “I understood that the community in Rotherham were described as coming from possibly three villages in Kashmir, and that this identification was very important to them. Their traditions and relationships, these were not sophisticated, they were very traditional. I was told by many people that previous generations had a different view about women’s place in their culture and their society that certainly wouldn’t accord with any sense that we have.”

Nazir Afzal, chief crown prosecutor for the north-west and the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) lead on child sexual exploitation, explained the overrepresentation of Pakistani men in on-street grooming crimes by pointing to the fact they are more likely to work in the night-time economy in Rotherham. “I’m sceptical about that, not for a principled reason because I haven’t done the research, but from my gut,” says Jay. “I think it presents an opportunity but it doesn’t present a motive. There are many people involved in the night-time economy who don’t abuse.”

Much of the reporting around the Jay report said she had accused Rotherham council and police of failing to tackle sexual exploitation because of a misplaced political correctness. Yet Jay, quite deliberately, never used that term. “I have an aversion to phrases like that,” she says. Instead, she believes the Labour-dominated council turned a blind eye to the problem because of “their desire to accommodate a community that would be expected to vote Labour, to not rock the boat, to keep a lid on it, to hope it would go away.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here