Rotherham Child Rape Scandal

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Well, it's not though is it? It's predominantly Pakistani and afghani men with the odd Bangladeshi and Somali thrown in. It's not a "Muslim" problem it's a problem confined to very backward communities from poor rural backgrounds who happen to be Muslims.

Which is what i said, should not be reported as "Asian" but Muslim.
Over a year or so ago when the Oxford grooming came out, then Derby and Oldham, a lawyer from the Manchester area posted that this was the tip of the iceberg and another 54 cases were being investigated, all involving the same type of "Asians" as we dare not report the true criminals. So let's see.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Look pal im not a racist and i don't support BNP or anything like it....Im telling you that blacks are more likely than most to use a gun or knife.Many young blacks in deprived area's tend to follow the family tree,wether its Jamaica or somewhere else.Most non british white people in this country follow their parent's origins,wether its Pakistan,India,Caribbean,Eastern European etc etc.They have no intention's of living like a white british person.

Indians and Pakistani's congregate all in the same places and turn these places in to a little India etc...Blacks congregate in the same area's and turn it into a little Jamaica.Its not difficult to see is it?

I don't disagree with much of what you are saying. There needs to be more integration in cities in this country for sure and that does need to come from both sides, not just the 'White British' side. I live in Coventry and I have to say there is very little separation/segregation of people of different races and for the most part it is a very peaceful place to live.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Bit different comparing suicide bombers to rapists surely? Where in the 'Asian' culture/faith does it permit men to carry out these sort of crimes?

Of course it doesn't, it isnt justifiable at all. If it isnt a race issue then why did these men not rape other asians or members of the black community. Like you I hate racism and so if there are some Asian men that think white females are easy bait then that is one of the most disgusting forms of racism there is and shoud be condemned. Racism is not a white only crime.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Of course it doesn't, it isnt justifiable at all. If it isnt a race issue then why did these men not rape other asians or members of the black community. Like you I hate racism and so if there are some Asian men that think white females are easy bait then that is one of the most disgusting forms of racism there is and shoud be condemned. Racism is not a white only crime.

I 100% agree. These men are racist scum of the worst kind but the kind of rhetoric I have heard about this case worries me is all.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
It is a race issue wether you like it or not...they prey on white woman and that's a big issue...stop being bloody blinded like most people nowadays,just seems like other races are untouchable in modern day britain.

Most rapes i bet are carried out by,eastern europeans,blacks and asians...whenever i hear about rapes this is how they're described.

You'd lose.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
The truth? Go and look. Labour knew about this in 2006 and earlier but didn't want the public to know as they wanted the Asian vote so allowed this grooming and raping to continue. Wake up man for **** sake.

I don't give a s*** about the politics. It's not the place for it. Start your own 'Vote for Someone or Other Thread'

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
From the BBC....

The scale of this report is simply staggering and some of the detail extremely hard to read.

It lays out how Rotherham Council and the police knew about the level of child sexual exploitation in the town, but didn't do anything about it.

They either didn't believe what they were being told, played it down, or were too nervous to act. The failures, the report says, are blatant.

The report estimates 1,400 children were sexually exploited over 16 years, with one young person telling the report's author that gang rape was a usual part of growing up in Rotherham.

The processes for dealing with these crimes have got better in the last four years, but still improvements need to be made.

There were more apologies from the council today but the report's author says they are too late.

+++

Shocking, truly shocking and heads should roll.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
The biggest racists in this case strikes me as being those who suppressed the 'story' and failed the victims. The suggestion that voter's support amongst the Asian community would be lost if action were taken to stop these men is purely based on racial stereotyping - there is no evidence to support the suggestion that the wider Asian community in any way approved of or condoned the actions of these vile men.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I 100% agree. These men are racist scum of the worst kind but the kind of rhetoric I have heard about this case worries me is all.

Yes, im not getting involved in some of the ridiculous posts here about black knife crime and so on. I hate racism, these guys have racist and misogynistic values and so no one should fear condemning them for that. All I am saying is lets not sit here and pretend it isnt a race issue- it is.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I don't disagree with much of what you are saying. There needs to be more integration in cities in this country for sure and that does need to come from both sides, not just the 'White British' side. I live in Coventry and I have to say there is very little separation/segregation of people of different races and for the most part it is a very peaceful place to live.
I know that 99% of these are very decent people,thats clear as a bell...But the naivity of a lot of people in this country is very worrying.Yes we would all love to live happily ever after,but we won't because of the diffrent cultures and more than anything religious beliefs.Its just a recipe for disaster in the long run as we're becoming far to accepting of culture and religion and nobody knows how to deal with it.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
To be honest I think we actually agree on the above points. These men are racist scum preying on girls of another race. But I don't feel that this is due to any religious or cultural belief. The men who did it know it is wrong, but still carried out these crimes. If it were a group of NF skinheads raping Asian girls we wouldn't blame that on them being Christian or English would we? We would quite rightly brand them as racist scum. Which is exactly what I have said about these criminals.

This isnt casual racism or low level crime, it is extreme violenced levelled exclusively at a particular ethnic group, it isnt old style NF thuggery, it is much worse.

I cannot imagine how you might recruit sizeable numbers to commit such extreme sexual violence unless they felt they had some common cause ( beyond good old fashioned racism ) to actually commit these offenses against those children in the first instance.

For me religion is the likely bond that allowed them to justify and encourage their vile actions, I think this point is accepted by most.

Smirko

Aug 19, 2011
Brighton
What ever the reasoning behind who committed these barbaric acts, the fact is we need to see beyond the anger and people need to serve jail time! Whether they are social workers, Police officers, council workers, community leaders etc, people were in dereliction of their jobs. At the least this is malfeasance and misconduct in a public office, and people in authority need to be prosecuted, not allowed to resign or retire quietly. Prosecute them and let them rot in jail with the perpetrators

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
I don't give a s*** about the politics. It's not the place for it. Start your own 'Vote for Someone or Other Thread'

If you aren't compatible with hearing the truth that has been reported and the councilors that have been involved and why the Labour council turned a blind eye then I suggest you leave this thread as it's not for you.

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
From the BBC....

The scale of this report is simply staggering and some of the detail extremely hard to read.

It lays out how Rotherham Council and the police knew about the level of child sexual exploitation in the town, but didn't do anything about it.

They either didn't believe what they were being told, played it down, or were too nervous to act. The failures, the report says, are blatant.

The report estimates 1,400 children were sexually exploited over 16 years, with one young person telling the report's author that gang rape was a usual part of growing up in Rotherham.

The processes for dealing with these crimes have got better in the last four years, but still improvements need to be made.

There were more apologies from the council today but the report's author says they are too late.

+++

Shocking, truly shocking and heads should roll.

Why haven't they all resigned and why hasn't Gromit (ed milliband) apologized?

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
Good job it was not a gaff by a UKIP member we'd have a bin fest then eh.

We'd never hear the last of it but it's ok, It's only Labour who have allowed this vile act to continue and you only have to look at where these vile acts have been committed to understand why this has been happening since 97. All Labour heart lands.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
It is a race issue wether you like it or not...they prey on white woman and that's a big issue...stop being bloody blinded like most people nowadays,just seems like other races are untouchable in modern day britain.

Most rapes i bet are carried out by,eastern europeans,blacks and asians...whenever i hear about rapes this is how they're described.

I note the 'thumbs down' for my simple reply to the above of, "You'd lose".

Fair enough - £50 to REMF says you're wrong - but before you take me up on that it is only fair that you look at this link from the gov.uk website

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...214970/sexual-offending-overview-jan-2013.pdf

Specifically:-

5,497 offenders found guilty of sexual offences in 2011 (92.0 per cent) were of a

known ethnicity (see Table 4.10). Of these persons:

80.9 per cent were White;

7.6 per cent were Black;

8.7 per cent were Asian;

The remaining 2.8 per cent were of ‘other’ ethnicity.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
It is going to take a strong journalist or politician to do it but someone needs to come out and state that there are serious problematic cultural values and beliefs in SOME factions of the muslim community, the fact they would be more scared of being labelled a racist than highlighting what many people are thinking is a sad indictment of our current society.

My ex girlfriend is from Blackburn, she and her friends were quite open about their dislike for some Pakistani men in the area, I was not impressed with her attitude at all until I heard all the stories they had all been through. The strongest racism that exists in that city is the attitudes of some of the Pakistani men to white girls.

I am now anticipating a raft of thumbs down ratings and been labelled a racist, those of you that know me will know that is far from the truth.
Very well said.

Unfortunately there are far too many people in positions of influence (council officers, members of quango's and advisory bodies, lobbyists of many persuasions, and well paid heads of charities and pressure groups) that will do their utmost to stop the real truth being told, as has already been shown in this report.

Kneejerk reactions, unqualified and undeserved criticism, and stereotypical tarring of entire communities can rightly be described as racism. Telling the truth based upon facts cannot. We need to 'stop apologising' as Paul Weller once wrote.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports