Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ross Barkley - released.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Looks miserable. Those expressions 😂

The whole video is him saying “ffs what am I doing here?!” without actually saying it.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Everton toffees, Chelsea buns, Nice Biscuits. I'm surprised he didn't sign for Dundee.

Worst body language at a new club since Scamacca had to be virtually manhandled onto the pitch for his West Ham debut.

cheesy77

Feb 18, 2009
Decent signing. Fair play. Hope he doesnt play Saturday
Maybe a decent signing 5 years ago. He's been awful the last few seasons. Did nothing at Chelsea and by all accounts was pretty rubbish at Nice last season.

Seems like a Lingard to Forest type signing

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Wow 😳

A proper statement signing for Luton, didn't think they'd be able to attract players of Barkley's quality and stature.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
He played against us for Massive on Bruno's home debut back in 2012, so did COG!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Just turned 30. A few more years in him yet. Not a dressing room leader by any stretch of the imagination but he is playing well and has some top level quality.

If Lallana hangs his boots up next summer, we could do worse than replace him with this other ex-England international.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I thought he might be worth a punt (said he might be on here, but was shouted down) - wouldn't have been the worst free-signing the world has ever seen. As a stop gap for injuries coming back and youngsters coming up to scratch might have been well on a par with Dahoud (so far anyway).

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
He played well v Man City. Have read his match fitness was an issue, seems to be getting fitter now and definitely has a bit of nous/experience if he can stay fit and keep his head in a good place.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I thought he might be worth a punt (said he might be on here, but was shouted down) - wouldn't have been the worst free-signing the world has ever seen. As a stop gap for injuries coming back and youngsters coming up to scratch might have been well on a par with Dahoud (so far anyway).
He used to be more attacking but these days sits in that deeper role where we are most lacking in the short term. If he can prove his fitness (that’s the biggest issue) it is a good shout for next Summer Or January for a million quid on an 18 month deal.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I’m guessing at his age he wants play football not sit on a bench waiting for injuries to happen. He gets that at Luton he wouldn’t here next season.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
He played well v Man City. Have read his match fitness was an issue, seems to be getting fitter now and definitely has a bit of nous/experience if he can stay fit and keep his head in a good place.
I thought he was brilliant against Arsenal in midweek, pure class.
I've only seen the highlights V Man City, but the turn and layoff which helped set up the Luton goal was excellent.
However, for the first Man City goal he was nowhere, not tracking back to help the defence. Of course that was never his strong point.
Maybe it was just tiredness, not being able to do 2 full games in 4 days.
But on the bits I have seen of him this season, I think he would have offered us more than Dahoud has done so far.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Not saying it because of his name but he’s been excellent this season. Would really fit into RDZ football too. Would love us to get him - not sure if he’s only on a years contract at Luton or not - back to his best and still only 29/30

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Not saying it because of his name but he’s been excellent this season. Would really fit into RDZ football too. Would love us to get him - not sure if he’s only on a years contract at Luton or not - back to his best and still only 29/30
Ends end of Jan they said on TNT

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
He would be ideal for us . It’s a realistic signing too

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He would be ideal for us . It’s a realistic signing too
Not sure he’d leave Luton mid season but he is just what we need and I’ve thought it all season when I’ve watched them…

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here