Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ronnie Moore's Relegation Verdict - You'll LOVE This!

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
NMH said:
Oh I'm just posting 'generally', as a long-time reader of taffy-type nose thumbing. Not TLB, I think he's special, and he thinks the World of me.

No I don't. I think you're a complete and utter idiot.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
n1 gull said:
he must have been arseholed he called Lennie Lawrence an excellent manager.

Oldham are obviously looking to loan a Cardiff player in the near future!

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Why is everyone getting so wound up by ronnie moore's comments? They're laughable and of no consequence or value at all. Just relax and enjoy the laughs that they supply.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Your little 'Moore' grenade's worked a treat, TLB. 67 posts and counting...

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Tooting Gull said:
Your little 'Moore' grenade's worked a treat, TLB. 67 posts and counting...

It has indeed. As soon as I read it, I thought of NSC.....

:thumbsup: :lolol:

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Here's Mark McGhee's response from the Argus:

McGhee hits back at taunt

by Andy Naylor

Albion manager Mark McGhee hit back today at a former managerial rival in the Championship for predicting the Seagulls are still one of the favourites for the drop.

McGhee has urged his players to prove Ronnie Moore wrong by maintaining their relentless progress towards safety.

Ex-Rotherham manager Moore has controversially tipped Albion to be fighting for survival with Micky Adams' Coventry, despite a ten-point cushion from the relegation zone with 11 games to go.

Moore, Oldham's new boss, said: "Rotherham are down. I don't think Gillingham will stay up and I think the third relegation spot is between Coventry and Brighton.

"Brighton have won their last two matches but they've fluked it. They've had that little bit of luck.

"When I was at Rotherham I felt Brighton were the worst side we played against this season, even though they beat us 1-0.

"As for Coventry, they're not a good side. They've got a lot of old players who have had their day.

"They have brought in Micky Adams, a good manager but he's only got ordinary players and he doesn't have a natural goalscorer."

Moore's dismissal of Albion's consecutive home wins against Sunderland and Millwall has annoyed McGhee.

"As far as I am concerned he is way off the mark," McGhee said. "I don't know why he thinks we fluked those wins, that is ridiculous.

"I won't lose any sleep over it, he is entitled to his opinion. We've got to prove him wrong."

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
More motivation for the team to fluke another win :D

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
perseus said:
It looks like six League wins and three draws could keep Forest up. Four defeats.
Odds on to get relegated.

Agreed. They'll have to improve their away record a heck of a lot which is truly dreadful. (I don't think Forest have won away this season).

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
What an utter !!!! that Moore is.

I hope he gets a media interrogation at the end of the season when we have safely avoided the drop by 10 odd points, asking him why he got it so wrong.

What has his opinion got to do with anything anyway?

His team are the worst in the divisions history.

What unbelievable arrogance. I really hate it when people think their opinion is worth something when in fact they have only shown themselves to be bumbling buffoons when it comes down to it.

If Mick McCarthy suddenly came out that he fancied us for the drop I might start to worry, as his opinion is actually WORTH SOMETHING, but Moore is a talentless pissed up ringpiece who has no place to say all this shit

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The Laughing Bluebird said:

McGhee hits back at taunt

by Andy Naylor

Albion manager Mark McGhee hit back today at a former managerial rival in the Championship for predicting the Seagulls are still one of the favourites for the drop.

McGhee has urged his players to prove Ronnie Moore wrong by maintaining their relentless progress towards safety.

Ex-Rotherham manager Moore has controversially tipped Albion to be fighting for survival with Micky Adams' Coventry, despite a ten-point cushion from the relegation zone with 11 games to go.

Moore, Oldham's new boss, said: "Rotherham are down. I don't think Gillingham will stay up and I think the third relegation spot is between Coventry and Brighton.

"Brighton have won their last two matches but they've fluked it. They've had that little bit of luck.

"When I was at Rotherham I felt Brighton were the worst side we played against this season, even though they beat us 1-0.

"As for Coventry, they're not a good side. They've got a lot of old players who have had their day.

"They have brought in Micky Adams, a good manager but he's only got ordinary players and he doesn't have a natural goalscorer."

Moore's dismissal of Albion's consecutive home wins against Sunderland and Millwall has annoyed McGhee.

"As far as I am concerned he is way off the mark," McGhee said. "I don't know why he thinks we fluked those wins, that is ridiculous.

"I won't lose any sleep over it, he is entitled to his opinion. We've got to prove him wrong."

Proudest moment on NSC? Naylor in the pocket, McGhee riled, the board in a frenzy...

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
The Laughing Bluebird said:

Correction, we don't have anything to prove to Moore, only to ourselves.

Quite why anybody is concerned about his opinion is beyond me. We are the worst team they have played this season? Doesn't really say an awful lot about Rotherham, his team, considering they didn't manage a shot on goal the entire game. Also, he was working with a bigger budget than McGhee, so that says even less.

We should be treating Ronnie Moore's very bitter opinion with the contempt it deserves.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Can we keep this thread and email it to young Ronnie next season when he is playing in the 1st!

:lolol: :clap: :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here