Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ronnie Moore's Relegation Verdict - You'll LOVE This!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
The Laughing Bluebird said:
He said his side had turned in their worst performance of the season at Brighton, and then put in one of their best displays of the season against Cardiff seven days later.

Like the managers of every other side we've beaten this season. Funny that, it can't be coincidence. Maybe we play in such a style that we stop teams playing?

Some managers are such BENNIES.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Thanks for that LB.

Who gives a damn what a sad, bitter failure says about us and our position/results/style of play? No matter what he thinks of them we are still miles better off than the load of shit he 'left by mutual consent'.

He should add a drop more water to his scotch-stupid old fool:lolol: Or stop accepting invites to the half-time sessions with Delia

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Like the managers of every other side we've beaten this season. Funny that, it can't be coincidence. Maybe we play in such a style that we stop teams playing?

In fairness to McCarthy, he gave your lot full credit after the game and said Brighton thoroughly deserved the victory. He simply said after our game that his side had turned in their worst performance of the season at Withdean. I don't think he was trying to take any credit away from you. He was just saying that his team were rubbish on the day. Which is what plenty of fans said on here too.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Hmmm...analysis and opinion from the bloke who leaves his club 16 points adrift of safety, and didn't win a game until 2 days short of December this season. Also worth noting that we currently have DOUBLE the points tally that Rotherham have managed to accumulate.

Sink into obscurity quietly please Ron. Its for the best. :rolleyes:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
In fairness to McCarthy, he gave your lot full credit after the game and said Brighton thoroughly deserved the victory. He simply said after our game that his side had turned in their worst performance of the season at Withdean. I don't think he was trying to take any credit away from you. He was just saying that his team were rubbish on the day. Which is what plenty of fans said on here too.

That can be the difference in staying up or relegation-I'm happy with that: playing teams on a bad day. Kinda levels the playing field a bit.....

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Eleven flukey 1-0 wins it is.

Glad we have got the points on board though. With our fixture list: no easy matches (easisest is Rotherham away).

If Forest win three successive games they could escape at the expense of Coventry. I do not realise that Cardiff had such a difficult fixture list though. It is in their own hands playing relegation rivals away though. Cardiff should get an extra 8 to 11 points though equals 45 to 48, so it will be right down to the wire.

PS: Because the other clubs are playing each other, we might not need the safety 51 points. Like to see an exciting match, where we win more more than a single goal, with a bit of flair!

Last edited:

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
"Brighton have won their last two matches but they've fluked it. They've had that little bit of luck.

"When I was at Rotherham I felt Brighton was the worst side we played against this season even though they beat us 1-0.

:tosser: :nono: :shootself :lolol:

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Bwian said:
That can be the difference in staying up or relegation - I'm happy with that: playing teams on a bad day. Kinda levels the playing field a bit.....

I was grateful we played Brighton on a bad day at Ninian last month. I was expecting a really tough battle and was fearing the worst, but the real Albion simply didn't turn up. It sounds like Sunderland put in a similar performance at your place a couple of weeks ago.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It is the supreme irony in all this that Moore did exactly what McGhee is doing now - made a silk purse out of a sow's ear. Back-to-back promotions and staying up were incredible achievements for Rotherham. Was that a fluke?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Next week on the Moore Files: Ronnie gives our young sports reporter his verdicts on...

"the bird at the end of the bar": "She wants it, right?...yesh she doesh, the way she'sh lookin' at me...alright love...see? Lovely lookin' girl. She'll get it."

Ronnie on "management": "I'm the besht in the business, me. Keep yer fancy bloody Jose Maurinho and, what have yer, that other French bloke, whatsh his name? Eh? Eh? And that flukey Mark fuckin' McGhee? F-f-fuckin' TOSSER...sorry mate, I'm alright, I'll keep it down, you're awright."

Ronnie on "relationships": "You're my best fuckin' mate you are...a good fuckin' bloke, I can tell...yeah, one more then, go on."

Albion Rob

In fairness to Moore, as a former Cardiff player being interviewed in a paper mainly read by Cardiff fans then he was always going to tip them to stay up. The fact he always got stick was, I suppose, always going to mean he would like to select us for relegation.

The home game against Rotherham was truly dreafdul, they came looking for a point and we struggled to break teams down at that time.

Ronnie Moore - people used to really respect him, now he's just a bit of a joke in my opinion. How quickly reputations can crumble.

larus

He may have said that, but if WE didn't LET Sunderland play, is that their failure or our success?

Sorry Mick, it's just bollocks, we were up for the game big-time. Sunderland didn't really get a look-in, because they weren't allowed to.

We are viewed as being an unfashionable team that everyone 'really should be beating'. Well, gues what guys, we may have a crap stadium, but we've got a chairman, manager, team and support staff to be proud of. The youth players have fulfilled their potential, and we are where we are on merit, not luck.

So Ron, take your comments, for what they're worth, and think long and hard before you spew out such complete crap in the future.

Now, chill :smokin:

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Albion Rob said:
In fairness to Moore, as a former Cardiff player being interviewed in a paper mainly read by Cardiff fans then he was always going to tip them to stay up.

I wouldn't be so sure about that, Rob. He HATES Sam Hammam with a vengeance. Hammam and Gould stitched him up big time when we bought Leo Fortune-West from Rotherham, and he's grizzled about it to the press ever since.

He hardly ever has a good word to say about Cardiff, but that may go back to his playing days. His strike-rate was so poor for us that the supporters club had badges made up bearing the legend: 'I SAW RONNIE MOORE SCORE!' I don't think he ever got over it!

Last edited:

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
its quite clear he knows f*** all about football. Not only dragging rotherham out the league, but to say we fluked our last 2 wins.

What a utter f***ing tosser :tosser:

who does he think he is andy king, another :tosser:

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I don't believe you fluked it at all from what from what I've read, but in retrospect it sounds like you were lucky to catch Sunderland on such a bad day. After they beat us on Saturday, Mick McCarthy talked about what a difference a week can make in football. He said his side had turned in their worst performance of the season at Brighton, and then put in one of their best displays of the season against Cardiff seven days later.

You jammy gits!

:lolol: :p :lolol:

Ok, they were not at their best, but we beat them with 10 men for most of the match, and they only got their goal with 10 minutes left. We didn't allow them to play as they'd have liked, McGhee tactics were spot on

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
Having been born and brought up in Rotherham all I can say is the man is a "Spawney eyed parrot faced wassock"
Both for his comments and the position of the towns club

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Would appear that Ronnie has lost the plot. No wonder you are out of work mate!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Would appear that Ronnie has lost the plot. No wonder you are out of work mate!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here