Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ronnie Moore's Relegation Verdict - You'll LOVE This!

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
The Laughing Bluebird said:
They have to travel to fellow relegation candidates Coventry, Plymouth and Gillingham while two of the top three - Ipswich and Wigan - are due at Ninian Park.
We have to travel to relegation candidates and host top of the table teams too.

"Brighton have won their last two matches but they've fluked it. They've had that little bit of luck.

"When I was at Rotherham I felt Brighton was the worst side we played against this season even though they beat us 1-0.

"Gillingham had a great win on Saturday
Bollocks they were flukes we deserved both of them and how come a 2-1 win over Sunderland with 10 men is a fluke but a 2-1 win over Wigan with 11 is a great win? How many of these games has he actually been to?

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
DISCLAIMER: RONNIE MOORE MADE THESE COMMENTS, NOT ME!

Every time somebody quotes the article, it looks like they are quoting me! I only copied the article for your amusement. Personally, I think Moore is talking through his arse.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill

Every time somebody quotes the article, it looks like they are quoting me! I only copied the article for your amusement. Personally, I think Moore is talking through his arse.

Fair enough !

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Lennie (Lawrence) is a brilliant manager. He knows what he's doing. Cardiff sold Robert Earnshaw and haven't replaced him.

If that's his idea of being "a brilliant manager" and "knowing what you're doing" then there's no wonder Rotherham are going down.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Uncle Buck said:
But this is NSC and there must be somebody to blame....

yeah it's all London Irish/ Kev the Apes/ Perseus* fault

*delete according to prejudice

Last edited:

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
I don't believe you fluked it at all from what from what I've read, but in retrospect it sounds like you were lucky to catch Sunderland on such a bad day. After they beat us on Saturday, Mick McCarthy talked about what a difference a week can make in football. He said his side had turned in their worst performance of the season at Brighton, and then put in one of their best displays of the season against Cardiff seven days later.

You jammy gits!

:lolol: :p :lolol:

Well it has to be said that the performance at CARDIFF was easily our Worst performance of the season

You jammy Gits!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Post northern irony or more likely sour grapes - twat

I was grateful we played Brighton on a bad day at Ninian last month. I was expecting a really tough battle and was fearing the worst, but the real Albion simply didn't turn up. It sounds like Sunderland put in a similar performance at your place a couple of weeks ago.

Yeah, a bit like when Leicester didn't turn up when we played them. Or West Ham. Or Preston. Or Sheffield United. Or Leeds. Or Watford........ Or Millwall - they all never turned and up just handed us the points. Blimey, we jammy gits! :ohmy: :)

Actually, I quite enjoyed Moore's article, and dare I say it, underneath his ramblings, he does have a point. There are two teams at the bottom in Forest and the Gills who are not lying down and accepting their fate. I agree with Moore to the extent that one of the teams going down this season will probably be a surprise.

But the obvious candidates for that surprise are Coventry and Cardiff. Fantastic as that win over us was, Old Lennie ain't going to be winning manager of the month for February, is he? And Micky Adams is taking too long to revive Coventry, whereas Megson and Ternant are doing their stuff straight away.

But I reckon Forest are just that few points too far back to escape but I give the Gills a great chance. I think Coventry are for the chop this year, but if Micky does pull something out of the fire, it's Cardiff then going down.

I'm very glad we got that flukey Millwall win because 52 points could be the safety margin this season!

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Juan Albion said:
Has Ronnie maybe failed to take into account the fact that we have only lost 2 of our last 11 league games? Since when has that been relegation form?

You didn't expect a constructive argument from Ronnie? He obviously didn't give what he said any thought at all. I hope that someone posts this article back to him with a fresh egg so he can splatter it all over his ugly misguided face when we stay up.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
It looks like six League wins and three draws could keep Forest up. Four defeats.
Odds on to get relegated.

Might be easier to win the FA Cup. 200/1

Albion are 25/2 to get relegated now. At the beginning of the season we were 6/4 falling to evens early on.

Last edited:

I don't believe you fluked it at all from what from what I've read, but in retrospect it sounds like you were lucky to catch Sunderland on such a bad day. After they beat us on Saturday, Mick McCarthy talked about what a difference a week can make in football. He said his side had turned in their worst performance of the season at Brighton, and then put in one of their best displays of the season against Cardiff seven days later.

You jammy gits!

Tell me the same old story ba-a-a-ardiff.
We heard all this crap before as we WON THE CHAMPIONSHIPSSSSS and beat out the Cheats, reading, carduff.
"we ain't comin' for a poxy point" and "please clear the field until Sam and the boys have done a lap of honour"

You clowns and your leader 'Coco' Moore are going to do a proper Pagliaci impression (that clown with the pointy silver hat who was always crying) if you lot go Down DOWN !
Personally, there's no more deserving club, and Moore is no more deserving either after those 'poxy' predictions.

It's never you, is it cardiff, it's always someone else getting jammy or nicking points they don't deserve. We can outplay top sides until the cows come home (or the sheep have your babies), but it's "Brighton caught them on an off-day, we saw them at their very best".

It's about time you took your spankings and learnt a lesson; YOU'RE NOT VERY GOOD !!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf

NMH obviously hasn't read this post ;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here