[News] Rolling tobacco to be banned in May?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Just learned that all hand rolling tobacco is to be banned from sale throughout the EU, starting on May 20.

I'm a smoker myself of the rollie, but personally pleased about it, because it really is the beginning of the end of smoking, for future generations.
I'll give up because no way am I going to shell out a tenner for a pack of 20 cigarettes every day.
I'm very surprised, but chuffed that common sense seems to be prevailing, and that politicians have given big business a bloody nose.

I'll have more money to spend on ICE COLD Punk, so everyone's a winner!

That's the day after my 62nd birthday.

Been wanting to quit for years. Like you I'll not smoke cigarettes. Drum in a liquorice paper, or the highway.

It will be interesting to see if the UK follows suit. If it doesn't, I'll be a bit surprised....will be fun to see Boris defend the right of the English to chose their own mode of death free, from namby pamby intereference from Brussels.....

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Hopefully those indulging in this are still alive for take part in the mass law suits in 20 years time when they get all the health problems I expect - or perhaps not to save the burden on the NHS ;-)
Although vaping is better than smoking it certainly can't be good long term. Lungs aren't designed to absorb or deal with Coconut or Vanilla essence in on solution.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
The biggest surprise for me out of all this, is that stat bro hasn't posted something to get his post count up.

Bless him, he must at work, fuming!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The biggest surprise for me out of all this, is that stat bro hasn't posted something to get his post count up.

Bless him, he must at work, fuming!

Won't be long, surely he can find a link to cycling with this

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Classic Swansman. You are full of :shit::shit::shit: I guess I’ll have to put you down as another parody account with BG and PPF.

Oh I don't know, I think he has a point - I recall going to ''Cristiania'' in Copenhagen and got chatting to a bloke with 3 wives selling weed and when I joked with him and said, ''have you ever had a real job'' he responded '' I do have a real job - I am a frog breeder'' - Sounds to me like he is a law unto himself. Funny but a wee bit mental

https://theculturetrip.com/europe/d...s-to-know-about-copenhagens-hippie-free-town/

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I think that things have gone downhill for the UK ever since we banned the sale and use of Opium.

You’re lucky that you know me and I can still get it for you.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
So that’s it for traditional smokers who can’t afford “proper” cigarettes. So much for freedom of choice, albeit that not all agree with it. There’s a lot of stuff out there that government make arbitrary decisions about that impinges on human rights and choices.
Personally - I think gambling is a bigger issue. Many won’t agree. Why the hell they don’t focus on the really important stuff I don’t know.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Oh I don't know, I think he has a point - I recall going to ''Cristiania'' in Copenhagen and got chatting to a bloke with 3 wives selling weed and when I joked with him and said, ''have you ever had a real job'' he responded '' I do have a real job - I am a frog breeder'' - Sounds to me like he is a law unto himself. Funny but a wee bit mental

https://theculturetrip.com/europe/d...s-to-know-about-copenhagens-hippie-free-town/

Yes, I am aware of Cristiania. But he said Copenhagen was lawless.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Hopefully those indulging in this are still alive for take part in the mass law suits in 20 years time when they get all the health problems I expect - or perhaps not to save the burden on the NHS ;-)

Get over yourself.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
So judgemental.

100% right I’m judgemental - the attitude to continue doing something that WILL kill you prematurely on the proviso that the NHS will bail you out no matter what happens along the way is the type of selfish attitude that is plaguing society and making the world a mainly shocking place to exist.

And then to be receiving your free treatment and the weakness and selfishness of your affliction make you so ignorant that you stand by the doors smoking away is absolutely sickening and something I find pathetic.

We’re past the generations who could be forgiven for taking up a habit we presumed was safe for us. Anyone over the age of 18 today and smoking knows exactly what they’re doing when they do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I had heard that there were serious risks of "popcorn lung" from the sweeter flavours of vaping fluid, but it now looks as though that's "unproven" - however, the risky chemicals that were a concern in those flavourings have now been banned in the UK according to this Cancer Research link:
https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/ab...-controversies/does-vaping-cause-popcorn-lung

There's been plenty of fake news about vaping. The "popcorn lung" thing being particularly ridiculous. Couldn't be that there was a threat to billion dollar companies? Nah....

Do some research. This is uneducated nonsense.

Although vaping is better than smoking it certainly can't be good long term. Lungs aren't designed to absorb or deal with Coconut or Vanilla essence in on solution.

Our lungs deal with a lot. Sure, it'd be great to live on a Swiss mountain and only ever inhale pure alpine air. But most of us live in cities where the crap we breath in every day is way more harmful than a bit of flavoured water vapour.

Nobody will smoke cigarettes soon (decade or so). Vaping will still be massively popular because humans enjoy inhaling nicotine.

The burden on health services will be miniscule in compassion and BAT will own all the vape companies.

As you were.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
100% right I’m judgemental - the attitude to continue doing something that WILL kill you prematurely on the proviso that the NHS will bail you out no matter what happens along the way is the type of selfish attitude that is plaguing society and making the world a mainly shocking place to exist.

And then to be receiving your free treatment and the weakness and selfishness of your affliction make you so ignorant that you stand by the doors smoking away is absolutely sickening and something I find pathetic.

We’re past the generations who could be forgiven for taking up a habit we presumed was safe for us. Anyone over the age of 18 today and smoking knows exactly what they’re doing when they do it.
Do you sneer at gamblers, drinkers and drug addicts too!?

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Do you sneer at gamblers, drinkers and drug addicts too!?

Well I’m a drinker and have been known to gamble to excess and I beat myself up over both on occasion so yes. I’ve sought professional help for one of them as well.

Humans are fallible I get that and I don’t expect you to agree with me but I find smoking particularly abhorrent and weak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports