Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Rolling tobacco to be banned in May?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It is deemed that flavoured cigarettes encourage underage smokers, so they are being banned completely on those grounds, not on health grounds.

And to think, I started to impress girls with the additional hope that they actually went behind the bikesheds to show boys their knickers.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
Is there an age for vaping? I see more and more kids doing it. I thought it was to help adults addicted give up smoking, not encourage kids? Maybe they need to ban the perfumed vape also.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
And to think, I started to impress girls with the additional hope that they actually went behind the bikesheds to show boys their knickers.

Any girl that went out with me was menthol.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
It may become law but who obeys that these days?! Increasingly people don’t and justify why they steal, speed, sell drugs, stab etc to the point our government is almost complicit in allowing. People will just ignore, it’s another of those yeah whatever laws.

Too many unfortunately. When did you see someone smoke at the pub last time?

It SHOULD be one of those "yeah whatever laws". We should all be more like the Danes and consider every law a vague, ignorable recommendation from worried parents.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

It SHOULD be one of those "yeah whatever laws". We should all be more like the Danes and consider every law a vague, ignorable recommendation from worried parents.

EVERY law?

"Johnny, when you go out please make sure you wear your coat as it's getting a bit chilly and you might get a cold. Look both ways when you cross the road. No spitting. Oh, and could you try not to rape or murder anyone?"

"OK MUM! WHATEVER!"

*manical laugh sotto voce*

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

A pub is self policed though, a landlord would ask that person to leave his or her pub.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Never thought I would see the day that weed would be easier to get hold of than tobacco

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

JJ Moons in Ruislip Manor.
Be it the punters are fractionally outside the entrance, there's always a bank of cancer fog outside, very kind for the non smokers who have to wade themselves through it.
Marvellous age we live in, more custom for the already beleaguered NHS.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
EVERY law?

"Johnny, when you go out please make sure you wear your coat as it's getting a bit chilly and you might get a cold. Look both ways when you cross the road. No spitting. Oh, and could you try not to rape or murder anyone?"

"OK MUM! WHATEVER!"

*manical laugh sotto voce*

Well yes.. sort of. Denmark is one of the countries ruled just with common sense. Especially Copenhagen is completely lawless. It all works out.. reasonably well.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Be it the punters are fractionally outside the entrance, there's always a bank of cancer fog outside, very kind for the non smokers who have to wade themselves through it.

Worse than that - carrying one's newborn child through the fug at the front of the hospital...

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Sometimes I walk on a street and there are cars puking evil fumes yet I dont cry like a little pussy about it. You'll survive those two seconds exposed to passive smoking and if you dont, well Darwin has spoken.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Hopefully they go after vapes and those stupid 'flavoured' vape juices. Grown men walking down the road blowing bubblegum smoke everywhere. :FFSPuncheon

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I gave up smoking nearly five years(or so) ago. I still enjoy the smell of a newly opened Golden Virginia or Old Holborn. If it's banned, how can I ask a smoker if I can sniff their pouch?

If they want to ban something that can have a detrimental effect on peoples health, go after knifes and guns

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
Hopefully they go after vapes and those stupid 'flavoured' vape juices. Grown men walking down the road blowing bubblegum smoke everywhere. :FFSPuncheon

I had heard that there were serious risks of "popcorn lung" from the sweeter flavours of vaping fluid, but it now looks as though that's "unproven" - however, the risky chemicals that were a concern in those flavourings have now been banned in the UK according to this Cancer Research link:
https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/ab...-controversies/does-vaping-cause-popcorn-lung

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I had heard that there were serious risks of "popcorn lung" from the sweeter flavours of vaping fluid, but it now looks as though that's "unproven" - however, the risky chemicals that were a concern in those flavourings have now been banned in the UK according to this Cancer Research link:
https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/ab...-controversies/does-vaping-cause-popcorn-lung

Hopefully those indulging in this are still alive for take part in the mass law suits in 20 years time when they get all the health problems I expect - or perhaps not to save the burden on the NHS ;-)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here