Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rohan Ince to go on loan?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Rubbish.

I look forward to bumping this post in a couple of years time.

As do I.

Someone needs to inform Chris he is making a huge mistake ignoring this wonderful footballing talent.

He is 23. It's not going to happen. Even at 18, if he cant control and pass a ball consistently then I would be worried. At 23, I've given up.

That's not something you "need to learn". That's a basic at this level.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I believe Rohan Ince is a talented footballer who, unfortunately, has not been at his best during the few opportunities he has had on the pitch this season. The lad must be rusty with so little game time. As he obviously doesn't fit with Chris's current plans, and now that we've signed Sidwell, a loan would be the best thing for him to give him time on the pitch.

I would be interested to know from Acker what kind of ratings NSCers gave him last season and how many MOM? I think some of you will be surprised how highly we rated him. In my opinion he is definitely one we should keep at present, not sell or release, but a loan would be good for him.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
As do I.

Someone needs to inform Chris he is making a huge mistake ignoring this wonderful footballing talent.

He is 23. It's not going to happen. Even at 18, if he cant control and pass a ball consistently then I would be worried. At 23, I've given up.

That's not something you "need to learn". That's a basic at this level.

Nobody knows the future, the fact that Jamie Vardy made his first team debut at Stocksbridge Park Steels in 2007, earning £30 p/w, and is now set to potentially have his own Premier League winners medal at the end of this season, should make you think again about what you think you can know about the future.

Is Rohan Ince an all round player? Perhaps not, but for the position he plays in he has many of the neccessary qualities - in abundance.

I see a very bright future for him, I hope it's going to be with us.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I believe Rohan Ince is a talented footballer who, unfortunately, has not been at his best during the few opportunities he has had on the pitch this season. The lad must be rusty with so little game time. As he obviously doesn't fit with Chris's current plans, and now that we've signed Sidwell, a loan would be the best thing for him to give him time on the pitch.

I would be interested to know from Acker what kind of ratings NSCers gave him last season and how many MOM? I think some of you will be surprised how highly we rated him. In my opinion he is definitely one we should keep at present, not sell or release, but a loan would be good for him.

I think he's had two big issues this season. Firstly, he's not played a lot so is quite rusty when he does come on. Secondly, he's always played in a three man midfield until this season so he's been able to be more defensive. In a two man midfield, he needs to get forward more and it's not really his game.

A loan move is definitely logical. I would send him out on short term loan in the loan window though so if we have any injuries in the first 28 days of his loan, we can sign a replacement on loan. After that, we'd be able to recall him. If we could find a team unlikely to challenge the top six in the Championship, that would be ideal in my view. Give him games at our level and help teams take points against our rivals.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Still has great potential but he needs game time. Doesn't fit that well in our formation, but still think he will come good. Loan out to a lower championship team would work for him and us.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Heading the ball to a defender to f,..jk about with doesnt. I would suggest they would be better off kicking the ball into row z near the halfway line.

I once managed a team that won a cup final using these tactics. We were down to 10 men winning 1-0 and in the last 3 mins I brought on our sub keeper who had a big kick and put him in midfield and told him every time the ball arrived at his feet where ever he was aim at the opponents goal which he did and conceded about 6 or 7 goal kicks putting the ball either wide or over the bar and thus used up valuable time so we were able to hold on and won the cup. Not the best tactics that would be taught at school but achieved the aim and would have done at Derby.

You do realise you've just described rugby right? I mean, almost to the word, you've described what happens in that game...

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
It's the truth.

Do you genuinely think he has the TECHNICAL ability to be a reliable CM? I think the fact Chris is plowing midfielders into the team and gradually pushing him away from the starting line-up is a sign that he's not.

In a defensive midfielder the VERY LEAST you want is calmness and composure on the ball. Sure we were spoilt with Bridcutt but Rohan, for all his natural physical qualities, does not have the basic footballing ability to play that role.

His second touch is usually a tackle.

It's good that you've put forward your totally subjective opinion with nothing to back it up. Just one simple stat to prove (or disprove your point) - last season, when playing regularly, Ince's pass completion rate was just 1% lower than Kayal's. I'm pretty sure you'd never get anyone spouting the crap you just spouted about Kayal though...

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
It's good that you've put forward your totally subjective opinion with nothing to back it up. Just one simple stat to prove (or disprove your point) - last season, when playing regularly, Ince's pass completion rate was just 1% lower than Kayal's. I'm pretty sure you'd never get anyone spouting the crap you just spouted about Kayal though...

Ridiculous to compare the two. Inces job was as a dm. Keep the play ticking over.

The role asked of Kayal will always see more passes given away. The very fact kayal has a better pass rate in a position which should really have a lower pass rate helps my point. Thanks

Plus it concerns me that you are using pass completition stats rather than your eyes to realise the the two are worlds apart.

Last edited:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Nobody knows the future, the fact that Jamie Vardy made his first team debut at Stocksbridge Park Steels in 2007, earning £30 p/w, and is now set to potentially have his own Premier League winners medal at the end of this season, should make you think again about what you think you can know about the future.

Is Rohan Ince an all round player? Perhaps not, but for the position he plays in he has many of the neccessary qualities - in abundance.

I see a very bright future for him, I hope it's going to be with us.

Ah but Vardy was scoring goals at every new level he tried. He worked up.

Ince is at a higher level now and, in my opinion, isnt good enough. Again, the fact CH is bringing in people ahead of him would back my point.

If he was 23 but was making mistakes like bad decision etc then that would be bearable. Sadly, (in my opinion) the areas where he lacks are pretty key for a footballer.

Would I love him to come good with us? Of course. I just can't see it.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
He's a good defensive midfielder, which I guess is down to him starting out as a centre back........but as mentioned by others he's not a dynamic box to box player, which is what CH seems to want.

In a team that play with more than two midfielders, he's great. Under CH we don't play with a holding midfielder.
Correct. He's an unfortunate victim of the (otherwise positive) evolution of our team/formation under Hughton. Needs to play some football somewhere, simply not gonna happen for him here anytime soon.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Ah but Vardy was scoring goals at every new level he tried. He worked up.

Ince is at a higher level now and, in my opinion, isnt good enough. Again, the fact CH is bringing in people ahead of him would back my point.

If he was 23 but was making mistakes like bad decision etc then that would be bearable. Sadly, (in my opinion) the areas where he lacks are pretty key for a footballer.

Would I love him to come good with us? Of course. I just can't see it.

Fair enough. Time will tell.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Do you have the stats for bad decision making or terrible first touches? Thanks

Failing to control the ball is statted. Forward players always have worse totals because they are under more pressure: usual culprits: O'Grady, Mackail-Smith, Teixeira, Leon Best

But bad control has to be related on how many touches a player gets in a game. Ince got involved last season and still did not come out too badly. Too bad to be a defender and not bad enough to be an attacker. But not good enough to take a forward player off and replace him by Ince to preserve one goal lead. He is not quick to get up to the pace of the game.

Taking off a forward player is what all managers do. Ince is not one for a replacement as he has recent tendency of treating the ball like a hot potato. Holla has got quite good stats for not losing the ball. Ince has a defenders record (=good) for clearing the ball from danger.

Interceptions and successful tackles is up with the best Albion players, interceptions only behind Greer and Dunk, tackles only behind Kayal last season.

Even assists last season were deserving off a first team spot, but so would Colunga (best) and Holla.

I am never displeased when he comes on, but his brief appearances this season have been disappointing.

I was always in favour of Ince rather than Bridcutt, because I anticipated that the better teams would be able to pass around Bridcutt. Not so easy to pass around Ince cause he is big and can intercept the ball and the stats back this up.

If we ever need a man-marker, Ince would be quite useful. CH has used man-markers on rare occasions (for Norwich against Arsenal 0-0). And Ince semed to man mark Sanchez in the second half against Arsenal.

Last edited:

Athelwulf

Jan 29, 2016
Hi, I'm a Wednesday fan, and I don't need reminding about Vardy. Ha ha. Stocksbridge is only about 7 miles north of Hillsborough, and the Owls turned him down. Mind you, Wednesday brought Cantona to this country and then didn't sign him either, so there's history. Ha ha. Regarding Ince, well I don't know much about him but if Carvalhal's interested then he must have got something. When Carvalhal gets hold of players he seems to be able to make them play, and I doubt he'll be at Hillsborough next season if the Owls stay down. I can see why Wednesday would sign Ince, but I can't see what's in it for Albion.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
What's in it for us? I can't see us sending him out to a club at the right end of the table but him going out on loan somewhere might be prudent. His career is stalling at present and Sidwell coming in is going to limit his chances further. Unlike some on here I am of the opinion that he could still become a very good player but he needs games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here