Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rohan Ince loaned to Fulham until the end of the season

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I'm sure this one would come back to haunt us. A run of games to rebuild his confidence and he'll be a beast.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Don't believe this is any more than a loan

However hasn't kicked on as I hoped he would after some encouraging performances under Oscar and Hyypia. Def a good player in there but not sure about a football brain.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Under their embargo Fulham cannot pay, or commit to pay, any transfer or compensation fees for a player. The embargo will not end if they sell a player. Therefore Fullham WILL NOT be buying Ince.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Under their embargo Fulham cannot pay, or commit to pay, any transfer or compensation fees for a player. The embargo will not end if they sell a player. Therefore Fullham WILL NOT be buying Ince.

queue, 6 more replies, of '£2m would be great business. Get rid'

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I found this summary on how they can sign players on getwestlondon.co.uk

"If Fulham reach a stage where they have less than 24 established stars in their ranks, Slavisa Jokanovic will be able to start looking at replenishing his squad with signings.

But the Whites can only add a new addition, regardless of their age of playing experience, if the employee costs of a the signing are less than £600,000 per annum - or pro-rata if signed on a shorter contract."

So if we sold him for £2 million and he signed a 4 year contract of £10k a week

That would be pro rata, £1.02million, so although they could buy him, they actually can't buy him.

Clear as mud.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Sorry but everyone knows he's been linked with a loan move to Fulham, poor attempt to gain credit. It won't be permanent.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Big mistake to let Ince go permanently if you ask me. It's not so long ago we all thought he was better than Bridcutt!
By all means loan him out for game time but I think he's a potential treasure we need to hang on to for now.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I'm sure the F.A. would have clamped down on this by now, especially in the case of clubs under embargo, but years ago transfers which involved swap deals or multiple players, were quite often tailored to get around things such as sell on clauses.

When Everton were looking to win the league back in the 80's they bought a player from Birmingham, Wayne (sorry can't remember the surname), he was a prolific goal scorer, and the fee was nothing, however part of the deal was that another player from Birmingham's reserves also moved to Everton, and this lad cost about £1 million pounds. Birmingham had a huge sell on that they had to pay for the 1st player and this was the way around it. I have a feeling the second player was a certain Stuart Storer, but I could be wrong.

My point is that if Brighton bought McCormack or Dembele for say £7 million and Ince moved the other way on a free, that would be a way around the embargo.

I don't think either of those deals are likely btw, just suggesting a possibility for Fulham to sign Ince permanently.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I'm sure the F.A. would have clamped down on this by now, especially in the case of clubs under embargo, but years ago transfers which involved swap deals or multiple players, were quite often tailored to get around things such as sell on clauses.

When Everton were looking to win the league back in the 80's they bought a player from Birmingham, Wayne (sorry can't remember the surname), he was a prolific goal scorer, and the fee was nothing, however part of the deal was that another player from Birmingham's reserves also moved to Everton, and this lad cost about £1 million pounds. Birmingham had a huge sell on that they had to pay for the 1st player and this was the way around it. I have a feeling the second player was a certain Stuart Storer, but I could be wrong.

My point is that if Brighton bought McCormack or Dembele for say £7 million and Ince moved the other way on a free, that would be a way around the embargo.

I don't think either of those deals are likely btw, just suggesting a possibility for Fulham to sign Ince permanently.

Must have been Wayne Clarke, one of the 5 footballing Clarke brothers.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

Wayne Clarke

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here