Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Roberto De Zerbi To Leave Albion After Tomorrow's Game

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Swimboy64

Oct 19, 2022
The reaction to that from a lot of fans was a bit wierd. Celebrating like he’d commited his career to the club when he’d said nothing committal at all. Like Naylor’s wierd article this morning which headlined that he’d declared he was staying when again, there was nothing at all about being committed, just more jibberish about targets and talking to the board. An article which has now been deleted 😂
Exactly right
All he said was if he woke up feeling happy and loving what he did he would be staying
He’s hit his melancholy obviously

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Feck, what a surprise, but maybe shouldn't be! Remember Hughton and that call and being surprised then too, but maybe shouldn't have been.

Bloom has got big balls, and so far they have always proved right.

Bloom decided a few games before the end that CH had to be sacked. All and sundry, even a bottom three Warnock team, were outplaying shockingly sh1t Albion teams.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Gutted.

Totally Gutted.

Why The Absolute F is it "Mutual" ?

'Albion Mojo' ----> Zero.

Christ on a Bike - This has ruined my summer.

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
How would you know the value unless he tried to sell? What a stupid comment
Sorry ? I’m talking about how much cash he’s put in now with very little return

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I hope the flag doesn’t make an appearance and hopefully no roberto de Zerbi song
Imagine when he’s walking out at Bayern or Juventus next season. All he’ll be able to think about as he’s greeted by 60,000 fans will be “I cannot believe that bloke didn’t sing the song.” He’ll be HAUNTED.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Does that mean he can join another club without any buy out cash incoming ?
Seems like we are giving him away and missing out on £15 million or whatever it was if true.
Gutted.
Love his style of football and his touch line antics. Mutual consent is always a strange one as it looks like we have written off a fair few ££ if/when he goes somewhere else. His next club will be lucky to have him
Mind games with bloom maybe. Didn't want to quit. Wanted the pay off, or at least the chance to join another club without them paying compensation.

I am pretty sure his next club will still have to pay us compo.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Tough decision for Tony, but if the choice is this or spend BIG this summer to keep a manager happy that could jump ship anyway & leave us in a mess later down the line, then this now happening starts to look like the sensible decision. If what would have kept RDZ happy was spending say 20-30% over what we normally do in the summer then maybe Tony would have gone for it, so I can only imagine the clubs budget and RDZ's demands were incredibly wide apart. & if you can't agree on budgets and targets, then its only a matter of time before the manager would have taken the next job offer.... I think Tony is righty putting a lot of value in doing things on our own terms.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
You paying Tony back his hundreds of millions and losses in funding a better team, or do we need a whip round tomorrow ?
He’ll lose a lot more if we get relegated, a bit more if we finish down the table and don’t get Europe and be in trouble if we can’t develop our youngsters. A manager like De Zerbi has to be seen in total cost / total income terms.

albionalba

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2023
sadly in Scotland
The timing is great. Closure for the season, closure for RDZ, closure for the fans. Big credit to TB and PBOBE for not faffing about 👍
.....and knowing the way that they always have their next plan ready (as PBOBE has stated frequently) you can probably add that they've already selected the replacement...

Jimmy Grimble

I’m in the ‘worried about what this means for the summer transfer plans’ camp.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here