Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Roberto De Zerbi - JOINS AS NEW HEAD COACH (4 year contract)

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
Sanchez is only 25, barely cooked as a Goalkeeper, so plenty of time for him to fight for his place and figure out how to cut out the bloopers that get highlighted so often. He's a cracking goalkeeper, getting dropped in favour of the excellent Steele could be motivation he needs to take his game to that genuine elite level. All this talk of selling him is daft.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Sanchez is only 25, barely cooked as a Goalkeeper, so plenty of time for him to fight for his place and figure out how to cut out the bloopers that get highlighted so often. He's a cracking goalkeeper, getting dropped in favour of the excellent Steele could be motivation he needs to take his game to that genuine elite level. All this talk of selling him is daft.
Agree. I think it is known in the game as a “Kick up the arse” that he probably needs and shows him that Steele is genuine competition for the shirt. He will rise to the challenge, I’m sure, because he won’t get to keep for Spain if he is not getting game time.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Agree. I think it is known in the game as a “Kick up the arse” that he probably needs and shows him that Steele is genuine competition for the shirt. He will rise to the challenge, I’m sure, because he won’t get to keep for Spain if he is not getting game time.
Agreed, I think Sanchez is a player who probably needs a kick up the arse rather than a cuddle, Steele however is probably in the needs a cuddle rather than a kick up the arse type. Didn’t he have a torrid time in the North East at Sunderland (?) before he came here?

Steele making a much bigger cock up than Sanchez last week.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It stops being daft when he's holding up the production line.
I have no idea where the club is at with that, and the skillset therein.

But for us, on the outside, to be dismissive of 25 year old Bob is as you say daft (and very much on brand!)

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
For the manager too. The English image of Italy is that if you lose three matches in a row you get the sack. It's not quite the same here. Managers tend to get time. There are some exceptions, Watford being a famous one. Watford are owned by an Italian..

A question. My Italian team is Lazio. This pre-dates Gascoigne. I kind of stopped following them a little bit because I was told that their fans were right wing fascists and somehow liking them made me a bad person. How true is this ?
I'm not saying they are fascists, but Paulo is a typical Lazio ultra.

980876-19387518-2560-1440.jpg

And Mussolini's grandson, Romano Floriani Mussolini, is on their books.

They are the antithesis of cute and cuddly BHA.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
I'm not saying they are fascists, but Paulo is a typical Lazio ultra.

View attachment 158827

And Mussolini's grandson, Romano Floriani Mussolini, is on their books.

They are the antithesis of cute and cuddly BHA.
Went to the Bologna vs Lazio game a few weeks back and saw a fair few fascist style salutes amongst their fans who’d gathered in the city pre-game, presumably their ultras.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
They couldn’t afford to keep him.

Was on a whopping £6.7m a year…
Crikey!

£128K a week.....

Still.....this is Schmeichel though...

And 6.7 million is about half the amount of 'prize' money you miss out on by finishing 15th instead of 5th....

PositionPrize money
1st£44 million ($54.4 million)
2nd£41.8 million ($51.7 million)
3rd£39.6 million ($49 million)
4th£37.4 million ($46.3 million)
5th£35.2 million ($43.6 million)
6th£33 million ($40.8 million)
7th£30.8 million ($38.1 million)
8th£28.6 million ($35.4 million)
9th£26.4 million ($32.7 million)
10th£24.2 million ($29.9 million)
11th£22 million ($27.2 million)
12th£19.8 million ($24.5 million)
13th£17.6 million ($21.8 million)
14th£15.4 million ($19.1 million)
15th£13.2 million ($16.3 million)
16th£11 million ($13.6 million)
17th£8.8 million ($10.9 million)
18th£6.6 million ($8.2 million)
19th£4.4 million ($5.4 million)
20th£2.2 million ($2.7 million)

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Crikey!

£128K a week.....

Still.....this is Schmeichel though...

And 6.7 million is about half the amount of 'prize' money you miss out on by finishing 15th instead of 5th....

He wasn't their only highly paid player...

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Very interesting from Naylor. It wasn’t what I was told but I’m guessing his ITK’s are solid.
But Naylor says Brighton would never put release clauses in, yet we did for Potter so go figure ?!

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
But Naylor says Brighton would never put release clauses in, yet we did for Potter so go figure ?!
Yeah, sorry just seen that. It’s strange that he’s being so hostile, I’m sensing he enjoyed his moment of infamy with the Arsenal fans and Caicedo saga perhaps a little too much.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here