Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Robbie Savage and other analysts

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Rio Ferdinand's piece in The Times today is an outstanding piece of analysis IMO.

Sadly, I can't be bothered to copy it out.

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
Hate Henry. Smug & self centered.
Every sentence starts with I, When I was, I would have...me me me...plus always wrong and copies the other pundits.
Handballing cheat v Ireland.:lizard:

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Bellamy has been ok.. but Savage and Matheaus can do one....

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I watched the Romania v Albania match Sunday night on BBC4 and the panel were Manish Bhasin, Trevor Sinclair & Dion Dublin. Unlike the other panels, they were alive, unscripted and enjoying the game. They probably thought 'no one will be watching us, we can enjoy this and have fun'.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Rio's voice doesn't help but when him and Kompany are simply discussing defending it's quite interesting. Ferdinand does make some good points but it's easy to be lost in the way he delivers them.

I enjoyed Martin Keown the other night, during the Portugal game, when the commentator mentioned the old Ronaldo and Keown piped up with "I tell you what, he was a great player by the way".....as if this was some Bulgarian gem that Europeans never saw much of.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I watched the Romania v Albania match Sunday night on BBC4 and the panel were Manish Bhasin, Trevor Sinclair & Dion Dublin. Unlike the other panels, they were alive, unscripted and enjoying the game. They probably thought 'no one will be watching us, we can enjoy this and have fun'.

Sinclair has been good on 5Live I reckon. In fact 5Live has been very good in general.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
They all hated each other, didn't they? Basically, whatever anyone said, one of the others would say that it was bollocks.

That sounds great. There should be more of that. This soppy ex-professionals club doesn't my head in. The majority of them regurgitate the same bollocks they've heard someone else say, I'd like to see more get called out on it.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
That sounds great. There should be more of that. This soppy ex-professionals club doesn't my head in. The majority of them regurgitate the same bollocks they've heard someone else say, I'd like to see more get called out on it.

Too right. It was absolutely brilliant, especially when Brian Clough was on with Derek Dougan. They seemed to be on the brink of a fight most of the time.

Clough and Revie too, and Clough's complete disdain for anything that Revie might have to say.

And they smoked on set.

Fantastic stuff.

BHA Haywards Heath

Jan 31, 2012
Disregarding all the ones that are rubbish (insert Lawrenson, Savage, Shearer) I like proper tactical analysis in a pundit (Jenas,Kilbane, Nevin) as opposed to the more 'spirit of the team', 'passion', mentality based punditry (Thierry Henry, Ferdinand)

Bit disappointed by the euros punditry so far, though I go to the Guardian Euro Daily podcast for people who actually know what they're talking about.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here