Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Robbie Savage and other analysts

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Tony Pulis, so awful.

Criticise referees at every opportunity, telling players they should have done better, describing obvious events during replays.... adds nothing

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Danny Murphy very good and as stated Shearer has upped his game.

Pullis is a complete moron, good newbie has been Kompany, like him a lot and as a player spot on reading the game.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'll see your David Pleat, and raise you Kevin Keegan.

I can remember (world cup 1970 I think) when they had Don (here's a pony to 'go easy') Revie and cigar chomping soppy hat wearing Palarse ****, Malcolm Allison, spouting utter bollock in the studio. And Paddy Crerand. And Derek Dougan. Just thinking about it is sapping my will to live :lolol:

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I can remember (world cup 1970 I think) when they had Don (here's a pony to 'go easy') Revie and cigar chomping soppy hat wearing Palarse ****, Malcolm Allison, spouting utter bollock in the studio. And Paddy Crerand. And Derek Dougan. Just thinking about it is sapping my will to live :lolol:

They all hated each other, didn't they? Basically, whatever anyone said, one of the others would say that it was bollocks.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Stuart Pearce didn't seem particularly bright when summerising the Hungary/Iceland borefest. Repeating Hungary need to increase the tempo got a bit irritating after the fifteenth mention. Yes Stu, we get it.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I'll see your David Pleat, and raise you Kevin Keegan.

Keegan was commenting on some Italian game at USA '94 for ITV, think it was Tassoti who right hooked a player and Keegan commented he had done nothing wrong, clueless beyond belief.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Remember Kev is from the days when it was a 'contact' sport.

bremner-keegan.jpg

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Surprised myself that I've quite liked the punditry this tournament. Seems like even Shearer has realised he has to put some effort in. Wright is still poor though.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Admit I've joined at the end of the discussion, but didn't I hear Savage say that one of the defenders loved his tackle?

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Keegan was commenting on some Italian game at USA '94 for ITV, think it was Tassoti who right hooked a player and Keegan commented he had done nothing wrong, clueless beyond belief.

It was Leanado[Brazil ] on Tab Ramos [USA] Ramos ended up with a fractured skull.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Commentating is difficult and it's important to avoid saying the obvious. That said, the goon who did the England v Wales game was dreadful. Silly conjectures and banalities throughout! Dan Walker I think but they didn't mention his name afterwards unsurprisingly.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.

Great tv though. Allison was pi$$ed a lot of the time. He took it into his club management. When he managed the Croydon Comedy Club he encouraged his players to drink lots of sparkling wine for their fitness.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here