Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Rob Andrew gets top ECB job

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I haven't been to a single Sussex game, since they employed Andrew. I know I should be grateful, but how can anyone think he is worth employing? His departure from England rugby was damning and he has done nothing since to dispel his reputation for stealing a living - good riddance.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Some years back we paid for a commemorative plaque at Twickenham. It was on the Rob Andrew wall which we later found out was on the back of a toilet block, and our plaque is on the bit where a dog would likely cock its leg. Probably quite fitting in the circumstances!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
…according to the Telegraph he’s been chosen as MD of professional cricket at the ECB. The paper describes his time at Sussex as a “mixed bag”. Presumably it means a bag that’s been emptied of all the good stuff, had some food waste put in it, and then mixed.
Has the ECB got a pub to demolish? Apart from being a property developer he has overseen the county progress to a poor village outfit.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Has the ECB got a pub to demolish? Apart from being a property developer he has overseen the county progress to a poor village outfit.
If it’s not a blindingly silly question, are any of the subsequent ground improvements remotely in the offing?

Do we know if Tony Bloom likes cricket, by the way?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
If it’s not a blindingly silly question, are any of the subsequent ground improvements remotely in the offing?

There's no need to improve the ground. It's half empty for 20/20 let alone any other game. Andrews has killed the county team, we do though have one of the healthiest bank balances in the country.

The biggest issue for me is the club has lost its connection with the county. It has become Hovecentric. Hove is not easy for many to get to, and not the best experience. They should sell the ground and build something in a better area with hotels and better conferencing facilities. It doesn't have to be in Brighton and Hove.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010

He does, hopefully whoever gets the CEO job can be the ultimate new broom
Time for Tony Dodemaide to return to his only true spiritual home and finish what he started, otherwise Greenfield will be sniffing around this job …
I'd heard it said from more than one source that Greenfield is a real issue so getting rid early doors might be the order of the day.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
There's no need to improve the ground. It's half empty for 20/20 let alone any other game. Andrews has killed the county team, we do though have one of the healthiest bank balances in the country.

The biggest issue for me is the club has lost its connection with the county. It has become Hovecentric. Hove is not easy for many to get to, and not the best experience. They should sell the ground and build something in a better area with hotels and better conferencing facilities. It doesn't have to be in Brighton and Hove.
Not a chance. Where could this new ground be with train and road links, with sufficient locals to support it?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021

As ideas go, this ranks alongside putting Milner up against Doku.

Unless you have a fabulous location in mind that nobody has ever thought of .....

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove

That’s with the county at a low ebb. It could comfortably justify a 10,000 capacity with a half decent team to watch (admittedly I suspect that capacity wouldn’t be tested other than in the T20).

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Not a chance. Where could this new ground be with train and road links, with sufficient locals to support it?

As ideas go, this ranks alongside putting Milner up against Doku.

Unless you have a fabulous location in mind that nobody has ever thought of .....
Live in Brighton and Hove by chance

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Didn't stop the Amex!

A ground situated in the middle of the county between Burgess Hill and Haywards Heath.

It's a County club not Brighton and Hove who isn't even a county town of either county.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I know, let’s develop the pitch at Sheffield Park because of the (bluebell) rail link and the dense population (fletching).
Hampshire's ground is hardly in Southampton is it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here