Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Rob Andrew gets top ECB job

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
When he first arrived I thought great appointment and he'd be really good for us but turned out I was very wrong. Can't believe the ECB want him, hope he's better for them than us and maybe we get some dosh for him. Good news, just hope we get a good replacement.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Just confirmation of what I saw many times in the corprate world. Many people survive and even progress just by able to talk well and do good presentations.

We've massively underperformed for years. Not sure whether I have some sympathy for him or not. Ultimately, with input from the board, he appoints the coach and in a football way (until they get fired) leaves them to it.

Who'd have thought Gillespie would be so rubbish after Yorkshire success? Seemed a dream appointment, but was awful. Salisbury with some accusations of various varieties meant 'one of our own' failed.

I was enthused by Farbrace but he has spent all season moaning about his players yet no improvement.

Odd times but clearly not one man's issues. Not passing judgement per se just feel coaches have really not lived up to much. A bit like having a pop at Bloom for Hyppia? Fair game but you have to trust the process?

Equally it could all be his fault. Who knows?!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Excited New Year GIF

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
…….quite a few had photos apparently :laugh:
They managed to on board an undercover reporter who ran with a story that LBG had told the contractors to avoid upholding complaints at all costs

When the story broke LBG blamed Deloitte publicly, and forget that they were sub letting the site from Deloitte, you can imagine what happened the week before the lease extension was meant to be signed!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
They managed to on board an undercover reporter who ran with a story that LBG had told the contractors to avoid upholding complaints at all costs

When the story broke LBG blamed Deloitte publicly, and forget that they were sub letting the site from Deloitte, you can imagine what happened the week before the lease extension was meant to be signed!
Got a few pals that were in v senior risk positions in Lloyds, have heard most of the stories :laugh:

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Humble pie time.

Over the last few years I have been very critical of the ECB. The Hundred and their general haphazard incompetence, greed etc was an easy, lazy target.

With the appointment Andrew and his stella track record in the game I now realise how wrong I was.

Bravo.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here