cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
puts the whole world in perspective
RIP Tony

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In 1969 Tony worked at the Sunblest near our house in Woodingdean as a wholesale delivery driver. He used to finish about 12-00 ish and on a Friday lunchtime the snow dumped down and there were no buses running to get home from school, i was at Westlain (falmer) so Tony walked through the snow over the Falmer road to bring me a coat and scarf. The weather was fine 1st thing so we didnt have winter clothing on. The headmaster wouldnt allow us to go over the Falmer road to get home. We had to go along Lewes road, up Bear road and around the racecourse to Woodingdean.Tony just gave the coat, wellys and scarf to a student from Sussex University who had just a jumper and trainers.

What a terrific story. I've met him only briefly, but I know he was Albion through & through, and- evidently- a friend to many, many people. I think Hiney says it simplest and best: when all is said & done, what more could any of us ask for but to be remembered as "a really good man"?

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Tony helped sort out a 5k sum from remf for kids in kenya earlier this year for new kit, boots etc. I can tell you that he has helped change the lives of many of these kids, gettng them off the streets, off alcohol and substance abuse. I hope it is some comfort to know that he leaves behind a legacy of hope to a generation of underprivileged children 4000 miles away. Rest in peace.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I never met Tony, but the tributes here leave me wishing I had. RIP.

Langridge, a famous Sussex name which he clearly did honour to.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
So very sad, such a dedicated wonderful man, thoughts are with family and friends, RIP Tony, your dedication and hard work to make other peoples lives a bit more happier will live on.

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
I had the privilege of meeting Tony on a number of occasions. His enthusiasm and dedication for all things Albion and REMF was something very special indeed. A true gentleman who will be missed by many but never forgotten. At peace now my friend.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Never met him but quite obviously one of the great and good. Thoughts with his friends and family at this difficult time.

R.I.P

phoenix

May 18, 2009
R.I.P seems like you were a great, person.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Extremely sad news. My thoughts are with the family.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Always terribly sad news to hear the passing of any Seagulls fan. I didn't know Tony, but from what I've read here, he was an extra-special Seagull.

RIP, and thoughts to his family and friends.

DanSeagull

Jun 10, 2009
So sad.

Some of the stories and memories of the man clearly are a fitting tribute. I never met him, but by all accounts he sounds like a true gem, that did both the Albion and his family proud.

Rest In Peace.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Terribly sad reading through this thread.

RIP Tony

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Only met him the once. My son was a beneficiary of the REMF in the BHA Powerchair team, and he presented the team with very generous funding from REMF. He was a real gent, and I know the team will saddened to learn of this very sad news. RIP Tony. Thanks again sir.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Desperately desperately sad news. As so many others have said this really was one of the good guys.

Not only did he give so much of his time to the REMF, including organising a fabulous golf day every June, but last year, along with his son Michael, he donated over £100 through the REMF auction to own a share in the Northstandchat greyhound racing syndicate.

I'd like to see something to commemorate this Albion hero in Dick's bar. I'm going to miss not seeing him in there after a game.

My thoughts go out to Katherine, Michael and the whole family.

RIP Tony and give our regards to Robert Eaton when you see him.

:nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here