RIP Woodingdean Seagull - Tony Langridge

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
RIP thoughts with family and friends

FKalinx

Aug 18, 2006
Never met Tony and wish I had. Sounds like a fantastic man with amazing attributes who has given the world so much. God bless.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Didn't know the fella but knew of the tremendous work he put in for REMF - one of life's good guys. May he rest in peace and condolences to all his family

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I never knowingly met the man, but his face is not unfamiliar to me. Someone whose passing can provoke such a volume of heartfelt responses in such a short space of time must have been a very special person. Thank you for all that you did sir.

My thoughts and condolences go out to his family, friends and colleagues.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
What shit news to wake up to.

I've Known Tonys son and other children for a long time now, he really was a great guy, I'm gutted and feeling rather lost this morning.

I remember the first time I met him, it was at the Downs Hotel having a few drinks for the 5-1 demolition of Germany in the qualifiers.

When the first goal went in he jumped up so high he smashed a chandelier light with his head!! Which brought great amusement to all of us with him:clap2:

A solid, down to earth, great guy who I will miss.

RIP Tony.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Words can't describe sad news like this. RIP Tony.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Didn't have the honour of knowing him but my condolences to all who did. RIP

dragonred

Aug 8, 2011
Hove
I only had the pleasure of meeting Tony once when he gently 'twisted' my arm to do some sponsorship for the last REMF golf day when a sponsor pulled out last minute. In a few short hours spent chatting to him around the course, and gratefully accepting his tips on how to try and not hit it of bounds on most holes are hours always to be remembered with a smile. I hope the film crew who were there from Latest TV are able to edit the footage they took that day to make it a joint REMF and Tony tribute as he smiled and joked for the camera throughout despite knowing of his illness and the dark days ahead. A truer gent and more decent man you could never hope to meet. Tony and people like him are genuinely rare people so my thoughts to his family at their loss and all whose lives he touched in so many ways. RIP.

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
RIP Tony

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
I didn’t know Tony but knew of him and his charitable work through NSC, recognise his face from the photo’s on here. Thoughts are with his family, friends and all who knew him, RIP.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
After years of near misses, I finally met Tony at this year's REMF quiz and he was everything our prior communications had suggested he would be - bright and charming. It was easy to see why the REMF had done so well under his stewardship.

I never made it along to one of Tony's excellent golf days and today I feel very regretful about that.

Clearly "one of us" in so many ways, he will be desparately missed by many.

If there's anything I, or NSC, can do to help his family and friends, please do ask.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Very sad news. Had the honour of playing in REMF 1 - still one of my most treasured memories.

This charity is very special and means so much to so many, rather like Tony.

Deepest sympathies to Tony's friends and family.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
This is sad. Rest in peace Tony, my thoughts go to your family.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports