Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RIP Woodingdean Seagull - Tony Langridge

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
What awful sad news. I met him once or twice and can't say that I knew him. But I knew of him through his hard work and sterling efforts. My thoughts to his family and friends

Fat Langers

Dec 27, 2007
I knew my dad had many friends on here and had helped many people. I know how much he loved doing his golf day and loved helping with the REMF. He was a life long supporter of the Albion and it's him I blame for my love of the club.
I know a lot would like to do something for him at the next home game, but please may I ask if we could do it on the 30th. Dads brother is currently away and I know of other friends that would want to be there and won't make the next home game.
As we don't have everyone's details, and I'm not sure of everyone's relationship with Dad, I'll keep you all informed with funeral arrangements for those who want to attend.

Loved you so much. RIP Dad. X

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
RIP Tony. As others have said, what a lovely man. I knew him at Withdean and in the north stand at the Amex. I never heard him say a bad word about anybody. I'm really upset by the news of his death.
Thought with his friends and family.

cpfc remf captain

Jul 6, 2003
I knew my dad had many friends on here and had helped many people. I know how much he loved doing his golf day and loved helping with the REMF. He was a life long supporter of the Albion and it's him I blame for my love of the club.
I know a lot would like to do something for him at the next home game, but please may I ask if we could do it on the 30th. Dads brother is currently away and I know of other friends that would want to be there and won't make the next home game.
As we don't have everyone's details, and I'm not sure of everyone's relationship with Dad, I'll keep you all informed with funeral arrangements for those who want to attend.

Thoughts with your family tonight, your Dad really was a great guy and someone even me as a Palace fan will always remember.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I hope the Langridge family won't mind me posting this...

I spoke to Katherine - Tony's daughter - yesterday on the phone.

She was full of optimism and positivity, despite knowing what was coming. I post this because, for me, what was coming across was that she is a real chip off the block; happy, bright and charming all in the face of a real challenge.

That was Tony, that was.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

So sorry man. Let Tonys memory live on forever - I know it will with us :(

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

Your father was obviously much loved.

Thoughts are with you and the rest of your family.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

It was a pleasure and a privilege to know and work alongside him organising the REMF matches and the Quiz Nights. A top bloke.

Thoughts and condolences to you all.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Terrible news, I only met Tony once when he attempted to drag me and my ancient sticks to the Golf. Left me cheerfully having to bribe my absence.
My heartfelt condolences to his family and friends. Will miss his cheery smile. Rest in Peace Tony.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Thanks to everyone for the lovely tributes, as a big brother you couldnt wish for anyone better.
I am on holiday in Zante with my wife and daughter and whilst we knew the end was coming, the phone call from
my younger brother has left us all heartbroken.
Reading this thread, whilst reducing us to floods of tears, has helped because the sentiments and words make us even prouder of Tony.
He was a fantastic older brother who would do anything for anyone.
A leading member of the Brighton Mods in the early 60's, he would run me to school on bis Lambretta GT 200
and was always with his crew on Bank Holiday's when the Rockers came to town.
In 1969 Tony worked at the Sunblest near our house in Woodingdean as a wholesale delivery driver. He used to finish about 12-00 ish and on a Friday lunchtime the snow dumped down and there were no buses running to get home from school, i was at Westlain (falmer) so Tony walked through the snow over the Falmer road to bring me a coat and scarf. The weather was fine 1st thing so we didnt have winter clothing on. The headmaster wouldnt allow us to go over the Falmer road to get home. We had to go along Lewes road, up Bear road and around the racecourse to Woodingdean.Tony just gave the coat, wellys and scarf to a student from Sussex University who had just a jumper and trainers.
He was that sort of guy. He would help anyone.
I think that is why he enjoyed his work with the REMF so much.
I visited Tony every day at the RSCH when we new his time was short.The day before I came on holiday was the worst day of my life. I shook hands with Tony and said i would see him when I came back on the 18th, knowing in my heart that that was very unlikely. All he said was dont worry about me, have a great holiday.
Just about sums him up.
I will miss you so much Tony, i couldnt have wished for a better brother
RIP TONY
Wont be Druv Bruv.
X

Walker_this_way

Oct 18, 2011
Such a tragic loss for all those connected with the remf. Brighton and palace fans alike owe so much to him for bringing us together to fight for a brilliant cause.
On a personal level, although I only met him a few brief times, he did so much to help me pursue my career in journalism and I owe him for that.
My thoughts are with his family and friends at this difficult time and hope his work will live on after his passing as he gave us so much to be proud of.
R.I.P Tony

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Thanks to everyone for the lovely tributes, as a big brother you couldnt wish for anyone better.
I am on holiday in Zante with my wife and daughter and whilst we knew the end was coming, the phone call from
my younger brother has left us all heartbroken.
Reading this thread, whilst reducing us to floods of tears, has helped because the sentiments and words make us even prouder of Tony.
He was a fantastic older brother who would do anything for anyone.
A leading member of the Brighton Mods in the early 60's, he would run me to school on bis Lambretta GT 200
and was always with his crew on Bank Holiday's when the Rockers came to town.
In 1969 Tony worked at the Sunblest near our house in Woodingdean as a wholesale delivery driver. He used to finish about 12-00 ish and on a Friday lunchtime the snow dumped down and there were no buses running to get home from school, i was at Westlain (falmer) so Tony walked through the snow over the Falmer road to bring me a coat and scarf. The weather was fine 1st thing so we didnt have winter clothing on. The headmaster wouldnt allow us to go over the Falmer road to get home. We had to go along Lewes road, up Bear road and around the racecourse to Woodingdean.Tony just gave the coat, wellys and scarf to a student from Sussex University who had just a jumper and trainers.
He was that sort of guy. He would help anyone.
I think that is why he enjoyed his work with the REMF so much.
I visited Tony every day at the RSCH when we new his time was short.The day before I came on holiday was the worst day of my life. I shook hands with Tony and said i would see him when I came back on the 18th, knowing in my heart that that was very unlikely. All he said was dont worry about me, have a great holiday.
Just about sums him up.
I will miss you so much Tony, i couldnt have wished for a better brother
RIP TONY
Wont be Druv Bruv.
X

Excellent tribute.

Our sincerest condolences.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here