Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RIP Woodingdean Seagull - Tony Langridge

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Like many others, I never met Tony, but reading these messages it is clear he was held in the utmost regard by anyone that had.

Quite moved by all the wonderful tributes; puts football in its place.

RIP Tony, you will be missed.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Incredibly sad news, and some incredibly touching posts from those that knew Tony.
I wasn't lucky enough to have met him, but like many others, I recognise his smiley face from games and charity events.
I am very much aware of all his work for REMF and AITC. He will be hugely missed. R.I.P. Tony.

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Having had the privilege of knowing Tony as a fellow Albion fan and working with him at REMF events, I can truly say that he was a man who had absolutely no agenda beyond making the world a better place. He worked tirelessly for REMF because of the goodness of the cause. At no point did he ever seek out personal publicity or do any task because of the honour it might bring him. He quietly and efficiently undertook an enormous amount of fund-raising and was always friendly, cheerful and someone who could make you feel the sun was shining even on the dullest days. He was also a devoted family man and my thoughts are with his family.

People like Tony are rare individuals. To lose anyone is a blow. To lose such a wonderful man as Tony is doubly hard.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Its always a sad day when one of our Albion family leaves us, I didn't know Tony only met him once at Corals in Hove after he joined the Greyhound Syndicate, but its clear from the posts on this thread what a great guy he was and he will be missed by his loved ones and many more besides.

RIP Tony.

IndependentWSU

May 24, 2011
So very sad. I met Tony many times, golfing and Albion. He is an amazing caring man who did so much for many people, a true gentleman. I pass on my respects to his family and especially daughter who also seemed to be by his side when I spoke with Tony.

Henfield One

Aug 5, 2003
Such awful news. Tony worked hard on all things REMF and quietly got on without any fuss. A true Albion fan and a true gent. May the passage of time ease the pain for family and friends, but never erase the good memories. Rest in peace Tony and thank you for everything.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
It is at times like this that the true colours of NSC shine through.
After hearing the dreadful news that my elder brother Tony had passed away, me, my wife and daughter felt marooned, 1300 miles away in Zante. We were all in bits last night, when we would rather have been with Lynn, Micheal, Kelly and Katherine and my younger brother Eddie and his family.
But the wonderful tributes and messages on this thread have given us so much strength, many from people than had never met Tony. We made it through a very dark day with your help, and I imagine that Tonys family have too.
It has made us very proud of a great brother, brother in law and uncle.
So thank you NSC, you have eased the terrible pain and loss we are feeling.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I hadn't heard realised I met Tony until I saw his picture. A very amiable gent who put you at ease right from the word go. A cruel loss for the Albion family, but his memory shall surely live on.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
It is at times like this that the true colours of NSC shine through.
After hearing the dreadful news that my elder brother Tony had passed away, me, my wife and daughter felt marooned, 1300 miles away in Zante. We were all in bits last night, when we would rather have been with Lynn, Micheal, Kelly and Katherine and my younger brother Eddie and his family.
But the wonderful tributes and messages on this thread have given us so much strength, many from people than had never met Tony. We made it through a very dark day with your help, and I imagine that Tonys family have too.
It has made us very proud of a great brother, brother in law and uncle.
So thank you NSC, you have eased the terrible pain and loss we are feeling.

My thoughts are with you and your family at this terrible time. Tony made a lot of lives better than they would have otherwise been - not just those of the people he knew and loved, but countless of other lives around the world too, enriched through his deeds and selfless endeavours.

Good on you, Woodingdean Seagull. If only we could all be a bit more like you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here