Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ring of Fire before kick off

Ring of Fire

• Total voters

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Sadly announcers at football work to their agenda as they are paid to do something. It would take a better than average one to know when to shut up and lets the fans sing without the tannoy blastting people out and drowning out the fans.

Presumably the better than average one who fades out GOSBTS before KO. In fact a suggestion that came from here i think and works very well..

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Maybe these accurate prints should be purchased and put up everywhere!

original_brighton-and-hove-albion-sussex-football-song-print.jpg

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Presumably the better than average one who fades out GOSBTS before KO. In fact a suggestion that came from here i think and works very well..

Absolutely nowt wrong with that, it works really well as it relies on the fans singing as the music fades out. It's the loud blaring music that, imo, takes away from the anticipation of kick off that I think is really naff. I totally accept that I am in the minority here though, so I'll just have to live with it.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
For those that think whipping up the crowd is too 'fake' ... well, to be fair, the club did try to let things just happen in the first couple of seasons. There was never any music between Fanzone and the archive video they play just before the teams came out. And the response was usually pretty much total indifference from the crowd, who were mostly happy to keep chatting about their week at work or finish their beer outside. So any attempt to liven things up has to be applauded imo.

Feb 14, 2010
Absolutely nowt wrong with that, it works really well as it relies on the fans singing as the music fades out. It's the loud blaring music that, imo, takes away from the anticipation of kick off that I think is really naff. I totally accept that I am in the minority here though, so I'll just have to live with it.

You might or might not be in a minority on NSC but whether you are in the Albion crowd or even crowds up and down the country who have to suffer this is up for grabs. Sometimes things gather a momentum and then become the perceived wisdom. I can say that you are not alone and many people I know who go to football around the country cant stand the music that is too loud and a particular dislike of mine is some announcer screeching on about something so to make themselves the centre of attention. That is an observation that goes beyond the Albion, in fact the Albion are nowhere near as bad as many other clubs. Music and announcing have its place but its a curse of modern football how the announcers have carved out a new job for themselves at the expense of hearing the fans sing. This year, I was at a classic FA cup game not the Albion, a London club) and the lower league sides fans were making a racket before kick off to build a cracking atmosphere. But could I hear them? Not a chance, the tannoy was blasting something or other out because the club obviously had some pre arranged programme of what would happen when. Bloody irritating. If the announcer at The Albion does read this, then one message, its not your atmosphere, its the fans atmosphere. Sure play a supporting role, but that's the point, a supporting role, its not about you and your creation. Adapt. If the fans are singing, then turn the music off or down and do please shut up and let the fans get on with it.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
You might or might not be in a minority on NSC but whether you are in the Albion crowd or even crowds up and down the country who have to suffer this is up for grabs. Sometimes things gather a momentum and then become the perceived wisdom. I can say that you are not alone and many people I know who go to football around the country cant stand the music that is too loud and a particular dislike of mine is some announcer screeching on about something so to make themselves the centre of attention. That is an observation that goes beyond the Albion, in fact the Albion are nowhere near as bad as many other clubs. Music and announcing have its place but its a curse of modern football how the announcers have carved out a new job for themselves at the expense of hearing the fans sing. This year, I was at a classic FA cup game not the Albion, a London club) and the lower league sides fans were making a racket before kick off to build a cracking atmosphere. But could I hear them? Not a chance, the tannoy was blasting something or other out because the club obviously had some pre arranged programme of what would happen when. Bloody irritating. If the announcer at The Albion does read this, then one message, its not your atmosphere, its the fans atmosphere. Sure play a supporting role, but that's the point, a supporting role, its not about you and your creation. Adapt. If the fans are singing, then turn the music off or down and do please shut up and let the fans get on with it.

It's taking over, we are gonna have to accept that the modern footbal fan likes being led :wink:

At least we haven't got goal music yet...

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Problem is, for some reason or other, the Albion singing at home seems to be getting less and quieter with each season. Also, the songs being sung are old hat (to much about Palace) and not very inspirational. Not surprised the club are trying to stoke the atmosphere themselves.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Problem is, for some reason or other, the Albion singing at home seems to be getting less and quieter with each season. Also, the songs being sung are old hat (to much about Palace) and not very inspirational. Not surprised the club are trying to stoke the atmosphere themselves.

The club keep selling the players who have songs about them :lolol:

Feb 14, 2010

The Albion are nowhere near as bad as most other clubs. Its a modern curse - career announcers wanting to be centre of attention. Why they cant "play it be ear" and do it when needed and not when not is just beyond me. Why people have to point this out is also astounding. What do they get paid for if they cant work it out themselves and get the balance right? Its almost as astounding that anyone thought CMS was as good as football as Murray.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here