Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ricky Hatton fight

guster

Jul 13, 2011
West Stand Lower
He didnt look great, lots of air swings and towards the end he was getting hit far too easily. Senchenko was winning all the later rounds and would have won on points.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Too completely different sports. Boxing is a difficult sport, an art in itself. However the fitness required is very very different to cricket. His knees and ankles were the problem, common with a lot of the bigger built bowlers. His fitness won't be a problem in the ring, his lack of skill and technique against boxers who have been boxing for many years, will.
Understood, but won't the knees and ankles be a problem for the miles he should be putting in on the road?

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
What a shame, and what's even worse than that, he will carry on boxing.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
What a shame, and what's even worse than that, he will carry on boxing.

I really hope not. The last few rounds were embarrassing with him punching at thin air and looking fatigued. The drink, the drugs and the extreme weight loss and gain between fights have taken its toll on his body. Time to call it a day.

Before this he lost to two great boxers in Pacquiao and Mayweather no shame in that.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
He did that for money and it showed. Loads of awful haymaker swings early on and looked out of ideas or enthusiasm by round four.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Fingers crossed that's the last time we see Hatton in the ring.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
"I needed one more fight to see if I had still got it - and I haven't, I couldn't have done any better. A fighter knows and I know it isn't there any more. I have got to be a man and say it is the end of Ricky Hatton."

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
I really hope not. The last few rounds were embarrassing with him punching at thin air and looking fatigued. The drink, the drugs and the extreme weight loss and gain between fights have taken its toll on his body. Time to call it a day.

Before this he lost to two great boxers in Pacquiao and Mayweather no shame in that.

I agree, I really hope he doesn't end his courier as a journey man.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
He has retired for good now by the look of things. Hopefully Kel Brook can now take the baton and be a success at welterweight.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
"I needed one more fight to see if I had still got it - and I haven't, I couldn't have done any better. A fighter knows and I know it isn't there any more. I have got to be a man and say it is the end of Ricky Hatton."

I can fully understand this and the reason for it but am sure that he will now call it a day as a fighter and concentrate on promoting fights.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
"I needed one more fight to see if I had still got it - and I haven't, I couldn't have done any better. A fighter knows and I know it isn't there any more. I have got to be a man and say it is the end of Ricky Hatton."[/QUOT
For some unknown reason it came up again and posted itself a 2nd time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here