Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Richard Osman's House of Games.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Grew up in HH and went to school at Warden Park and loved it when Suede came out of the town (so excited to buy the debut album back on vinyl in the day, with it's free Suede carrier bag. Mat Osman being the bassist of course). My sister was in Richard's class at school, always said he was a brainy *******. He's done brilliantly for himself, hats off to him. But, mostly, when I see him on tv my first thought is always.... my god what an ugly sod you are. Bad fan.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
Love House of games.. I have a routine of watching on BBC at 6 then at 7 there is a repeat on Dave of a different show.

Currently reading his book, so far a very easy and enjoyable read.

As for the football at least he isn't a glory hunter.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
A while back on Pointless after a round about animals.
Osman " I was in Cornwall recently and I ran over a Badger, killed it outright"
Armstrong " What was you doing in Cornwall"
Osman "About 70 miles per hour"

I liked the one recently

Osman "When they asked who was your favourite presenter, who did you say?"
Armstrong "I said you, of course. And you ?"
Osman "Bradley Walsh"

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Grew up in HH and went to school at Warden Park and loved it when Suede came out of the town (so excited to buy the debut album back on vinyl in the day, with it's free Suede carrier bag. Mat Osman being the bassist of course). My sister was in Richard's class at school, always said he was a brainy *******. He's done brilliantly for himself, hats off to him. But, mostly, when I see him on tv my first thought is always.... my god what an ugly sod you are. Bad fan.

What's it like to be an Adonis? :bowdown:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Does Richard Osman actually divide popular opinion? Seems like everyone loves him or am I in some sort of social bubble?

He irritates me no end. I don’t think he’s funny at all. I like Pointless, mainly because I like Alexander Armstrong. Osman for me is sometimes dangerously close to being patronising and rude to contestants.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He irritates me no end. I don’t think he’s funny at all. I like Pointless, mainly because I like Alexander Armstrong. Osman for me is sometimes dangerously close to being patronising and rude to contestants.

Funnily enough I think the opposite. Armstrong comes across as being insincere similar to Bob Monkhouse.

Contestants are aware that Osman will take the mickey.

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
A while back on Pointless after a round about animals.
Osman " I was in Cornwall recently and I ran over a Badger, killed it outright"
Armstrong " What was you doing in Cornwall"
Osman "About 70 miles per hour"

There isn't any chance that Armstrong said 'What WAS you doing in Cornwall?'.
He would have said 'What WERE you you doing in Cornwall? :)

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Ha. I had Mrs Gay for science. I can't remember too many others. Stoneley who I think is still there, Sowden (emigrated to Oz and is active in the BHA supporters club there I think), Durnford, Field, Fielder.

And what became of dear old Mr Gallichan? Oh....

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/178...cher-david-gallichan-jailed-child-sex-images/

He was an unlikeable teacher back in the day as I recall. Moody shouty type

Langley, Club, Carr, Trevett, Anderson, Tiller, Clark, Bailey, Dennis, Gordon, Chisholm, Davies, Davis, Evans, Preston, Anderson, Murray, Revell (x2!), no fun in the nunnery munnery and of course the dark Lord himself, Trethowan. If that head didn’t give every kid passing through WP a nightmare at some point then you frankly weren’t a pupil there. Loved by parents, feared my kids (and quite a few of the teachers too) Still got a brilliant photo of Alan Bailey curling one in against Carlisle in a 6-1 home win that Snowden gave me. Top bloke!

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Richard osman is great. I love that despite being absolutely loaded and busy with tv work he still makes regular appearances on fighting talk. He loves the show so he keeps appearing. Lots of people get “too famous” for fighting talk but he keeps rocking up. Seems a lovely bloke.

bravohotelalpha

Jan 23, 2011
Good Old Sussex By The Sea
The man seems to divide popular opinion, but as for me, l absolutely love everything that he does. He came to the fore of course as co host, with Zander Armstrong, of Pointless, and largely on the back of that success got the gig hosting House of Games. In fact he created both shows.

I've long since beena devotee of Pointless, and House of Games, although a slow burner, l've really got into recently, a really zany and fresh new quiz, l really love the format of it, he has some interesting guests playing it too.

Also a succesful Pesenter and Writer, and a very wealthy man now that he has sold the rights to his debut novel, the Thursday Murder Club.

He does have one black mark though, as a season ticket holder at Craven Cottage, l wonder how that came about having spent his formative years in Sussex.

I really enjoyed Thursday Murder Club - looking forward to the follow-up which I think is due to be published later this year.

SAC

May 21, 2014
I only started watching it since working from home as I used to get in too late and probably wasn't aware of it, but now I'm hooked. It's nice easy TV and most of the guests have been good fun.

I do get strangely annoyed when contestants obviously have no idea of the format, the least you can do is watch a couple of episodes before agreeing to be on.

thbjenkins

Mar 12, 2014
Lancing
The man seems to divide popular opinion, but as for me, l absolutely love everything that he does. He came to the fore of course as co host, with Zander Armstrong, of Pointless, and largely on the back of that success got the gig hosting House of Games. In fact he created both shows.

I've long since beena devotee of Pointless, and House of Games, although a slow burner, l've really got into recently, a really zany and fresh new quiz, l really love the format of it, he has some interesting guests playing it too.

Also a succesful Pesenter and Writer, and a very wealthy man now that he has sold the rights to his debut novel, the Thursday Murder Club.

He does have one black mark though, as a season ticket holder at Craven Cottage, l wonder how that came about having spent his formative years in Sussex.

Interestingly he has created/produced loads of TV shows- Deal or No Deal, Survivor, 8 out of 10 cats (and Cats Does Countdown). He worked on Who's Line is it Anyway. It's mad how many successful shows he's been a part of.

He talks about it all on James O'Brien's Podcast, it's all rather fascinating.

And back to the topic- House of Games is great. Answer smash has become quite competitive in my house.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here