Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Richard Osman's House of Games.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
At least she is better than Patsy Kensit who is on this week, seems to have turned up just for the appearance money, and to remind people she is still alive.

She was also in McDonald and Dodds last Sunday. Guessing her agent has been putting her out there lately and this came along. Judging by her sitting back without having her hand even on the buzzer and her comment 'I'll kill my agent', she knows she is just dumb. How on earth she managed to hook four husbands, I've no idea - oh, wait a minute...

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Patsy Kensit is a thick as mince.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
She was also in McDonald and Dodds last Sunday. Guessing her agent has been putting her out there lately and this came along. Judging by her sitting back without having her hand even on the buzzer and her comment 'I'll kill my agent', she knows she is just dumb. How on earth she managed to hook four husbands, I've no idea - oh, wait a minute...

Well at least she is honest about it! I think some people take this show far too seriously, it is hardly meant to be a replacement for Mastermind.

If contestants want to just sit there and come out with ridiculous answers, or just doze off, that's fine with me. I just look upon it as a bit of lighthearted fun.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Well at least she is honest about it! I think some people take this show far too seriously, it is hardly meant to be a replacement for Mastermind.

If contestants want to just sit there and come out with ridiculous answers, or just doze off, that's fine with me. I just look upon it as a bit of lighthearted fun.

Honestly, nobody could possibly take it seriously. Everyone knows it's just a bit of fun. But it's also fun to gently pick at TV shows which also adds to the fun.

SuperFurrySeagull

Sep 25, 2003
Cardiff By The Sea
I used to work at WH Smith at HH station and we delivered their parent's daily paper. His Mum always used to come in each week to pay. How come Mat Osman went to Oathall, but Richard went to WP? Also Brett's Dad used to be on the taxi rank and we always talked about Suede's albums, he was very proud of Brett.

Matt Osman definitely went to WP, he was in my tutor group. Maybe you're thinking of Brett?

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
I know we’re a bunch of sad old duffers on here, but have people honestly not got anything better to do than watch shite like that?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Smug and patronising bordering on plain rude without the charisma to carry it off imo. He does have quite a good sense of humour though, and is clearly bright. Not for me Clive

Did you know that his brother is a longstanding member of a quite successful band?

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Really like Richard Osman. Love House of Games and he is really witty on some panel shows on tv and radio.

Can't stand Pointless; I find Armstrong a total irritation. The show would run better with Osman presenting and Armstrong putting the kettle on. The totally pointless repetition of: F BLANK BLANK BLANK O BLANK BLANK "I'll just repeat that". No. Don't. Just don't

Jimmy Come Lately

Registered Loser
Oct 27, 2011
Hove
She is, undoubtedly, the thickest participant I have ever seen on this show.

And yet she got that Truffle Oils / Lust For Life question which is the hardest anagram I can remember in that round by quite some distance, and I'm sure there was another difficult question where it almost looked like she waited until the other guests were visibly stumped then languidly buzzed in with the correct answer. Edit those together with some of the other questions when she was bored and disengaged and you could probably convince someone that she was a former Only Connect finalist who was finding the whole thing too trivial to bother competing. Which can't have been the case, because most of the time she clearly didn't have a clue what was going on.

Maybe the production crew just fed her a couple of answers out of pity.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I don't think she is thick, more like 'can't be arsed'. She sat back a lot of the time with no hand on the buzzer.

Exactly this, it was pretty obvious for all to see that she couldn't wait for the programme to end. I just hope that her pay check made the ordeal worthwhile for her.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Maybe the production crew just fed her a couple of answers out of pity.

It does make you wonder if that was the case.

In the same way that on most celebrity versions of quiz shows, Pointless, the Chase, Tipping Point etc. etc. the questions asked seem far easier to answer, than those that are posed to us mere mortals.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Patsy hasnt come close to matching Dion Dublin’s record low score of MINUS ONE.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I got th impression by watching her (especially yesterday) that she was bored rigid or coked out of her head.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here