Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Richard Littlejohn article in the Daily Mail

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
This article demonstrates one thing above all.

The extreme right are in an absolute panic, as they realise that their ideology is crumbling, their lack of clothing has been widely noted and the future does not belong to them.

When your best defence is deemed to be to reel out an incoherent rant by Richard Littlejohn, you know you are in trouble!

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
This article demonstrates one thing above all.

The extreme right are in an absolute panic, as they realise that their ideology is crumbling, their lack of clothing has been widely noted and the future does not belong to them.

When your best defence is deemed to be to reel out an incoherent rant by Richard Littlejohn, you know you are in trouble!

Ha Ha! Extreme right? You really have to be one of the most gullible mugs ever to spout that shit. Now go look up A Hitler, a bit before your time I know, but Google will have plenty of info for you, you idiotic, wet behind the ears, little idealist.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Little John has a point . He often does have a point but usually the essence of his message gets lost because he takes it too far .

However his article today seems quite mild when compared to Polly Tomybe of the Guardian who seems to be blaming the govt for daring to allow estate agents back at work to help kick start the housing market , which is after all a big player in our economy .

Her view seems to be let’s hope corona will cause a property price collapse so everyone can buy a house . Obviously the idea of supply and demand seems to have escaped her and she is starting to sound like a communist . Not a huge surprise I guess .

That's not my interpretation of PTs article. She mainly seems to be arguing wth Allister Heath's article in the Telegraph whose article appears to be that the public sector should pay for everything not the rich or big businesses. The only thing she seems really against is Estate Agents request for No Stamp Duty.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Ha Ha! Extreme right? You really have to be one of the most gullible mugs ever to spout that shit. Now go look up A Hitler, a bit before your time I know, but Google will have plenty of info for you, you idiotic, wet behind the ears, little idealist.

Heh heh. Have we stopped being nice now then?

As I said.

In. A. Panic.

AlastairWatts

Nov 1, 2009
High Wycombe
Can I attempt to summarize the message for those that cannot see beyond their hatred for the "journalist" or the need to blame Boris for everything.

When my company is busy I earn a lot. Now I wont.Therefore I wont be paying huge amounts in tax.

If lots of people who pay a lot of tax don't, something has to give.

Just saying.

Exactly right. For him to say 'hundreds and thousands of small business owners face ruin' is simply not true. I'm amazed at the government's attitude to SMEs,. They've given out all sorts of grants and low cost loans and although it's going to be really tough on a scale I don't think we've expereinced before they seem to me, at least, to have done their very best in quite appalling circumstances.

The truth is that all of these grants and loans weren't available to businesses who couldn't show any sort of trading record - simple things like an established banking record.

The bad bit is that our children - and probably their children - will end up paying for all this, much as happened after WW11

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Exactly right. For him to say 'hundreds and thousands of small business owners face ruin' is simply not true. I'm amazed at the government's attitude to SMEs,. They've given out all sorts of grants and low cost loans and although it's going to be really tough on a scale I don't think we've expereinced before they seem to me, at least, to have done their very best in quite appalling circumstances.

The truth is that all of these grants and loans weren't available to businesses who couldn't show any sort of trading record - simple things like an established banking record.

The bad bit is that our children - and probably their children - will end up paying for all this, much as happened after WW11

I don't think you have any idea what you are talking about.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

We are very sorry but on this occasion, we have to sadly inform you that we will not be moving forward with your application to become a Daily Mail columnist. We would like to wish you every success in your future career.

Glawstergull

May 21, 2004
GLAWSTERSHIRE
We did get a significant "loan". I wont go into my thoughts on how we might repay it.

The crazy part was the info the bank wanted, they asked for a 12 month forecast!

I cant give them one that is credible for next week!

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
As I run my own SME I think that I do...

Your anecdotal evidence of one does not change my mind when I have been dealing with hundreds of cases. But I'm glad you got things sorted. Many have, but many haven't been so lucky, and every case is different.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Little John has a point . He often does have a point but usually the essence of his message gets lost because he takes it too far .

However his article today seems quite mild when compared to Polly Tomybe of the Guardian who seems to be blaming the govt for daring to allow estate agents back at work to help kick start the housing market , which is after all a big player in our economy .

Her view seems to be let’s hope corona will cause a property price collapse so everyone can buy a house . Obviously the idea of supply and demand seems to have escaped her and she is starting to sound like a communist . Not a huge surprise I guess .

Ah good old Polly Toynbee:

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/polly-toynbee-forgets-to-check-her-privilege-on-marr

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I don't know why people are giving Littlejohn stick.

A column phoned in from his house in Florida is bound to have the finger on the pulse on what it happening in the UK.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

you're upset, aren't you,

i can tell

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I don't know why people are giving Littlejohn stick.

A column phoned in from his house in Florida is bound to have the finger on the pulse on what it happening in the UK.

Source? Phoned? House? Florida?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
troll.png

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Trump and Boris are not the same type of leader . Not even close .

Not even close?? Some obvious similarities:

1. Both right-wing in their political outlook.
2. Both rubbish on detail.
3. Both inherently inwards looking, i.e. Make America Great Again / Get Brexit Done
4. Both compulsive liars.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here