[Politics] Rhian Brewster

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Perhaps they are interested, but the only club properly interested and the agent has leaked the story to drum up interest? So now Palace are annoyed at that

Or if they are in for other targets, who may now see Palace have £20M (allegedly) to spend, could mess up those negotiations

Also you can bet that SkyBet have a market for it, so I’d be annoyed if you were being used as fake news to generate bets on their own market [emoji849]

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Strange, why would he make such a vociferous denial of that rumour? Sky make up bollocks all the time and you don't see chairmen and owners coming out and denying them so publicly, why that one?

Because we’ve got him for 16 million? :lolol:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Disagree. The reason we need another striker is not because we don't think Connolly or Maupay are up to the job, it's because we're a couple of groin strains away from having no strikers.

Nah. Not at all.

I’m on record as a huge fan of both Connolly and Maupay, but injuries, suspensions will happen. And having a 3rd striker as a different option is just prudent.

Yes, we need a third striker. But Brewster at £20m would expect to be, and would be expected to be, first choice. That will inevitably restrict Connolly's opportunities. Is that a worthwhile use of £20m right now, especially in current economic climate? Your argument is that we need a back up to our current front 2, so shouldn't we be looking at spending 5-10m on a back up?

If we're going to spend big on a first choice I think it should be someone more akin to a younger more mobile Murray? If that's Brewster, then great, but my limited knowledge of him suggests he is fairly similar in style to M & C.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
At Palace Brewster would have to displace Ayew who was excellent last season and the proven class of Batshuayi.

I'm not so sure that Brewster would start their PL games.

Fair comment, though I think Brewster is a good fit for their counter-attacking style. If I was a Sheff Utd fan I'd be worried if they don't get this deal done. I fancy Villa could turn them over tonight.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Strange, why would he make such a vociferous denial of that rumour? Sky make up bollocks all the time and you don't see chairmen and owners coming out and denying them so publicly, why that one?

It’s extremely unprofessional / tinpot / a joke for a chairman to be on twatter in the first place - let alone get involved like that!! Suits CPFC2010 perfectly though...

It’s because:

A) it’s true and they don’t want others knowing and coming in at the same deal - bigger clubs like Sheff Utd, us or Barnsley etc

B) He’s a self righteous, arrogant **** of a man with too much time on his hands other then to read twitter personally and to cause shit & think he’s ‘it’.

Or C) and most likely: a combination of both the above

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Roll? Or shit sandwich?

Not sure we can help you lock in that multi million pound loss.

We don't pay 100k plus for dross.
We don't have a dads army managed by a grandad
We don't play hoofball
We need it in the goal not over the stands.

You can keep paying Barndoor Benteke on over 5 million a season, all the while not even spending £5 on the dump you call home.

How are the renovations coming along?

tricky to argue with any of that [MENTION=23111]Dougie[/MENTION], so as per, you won't bother :ffsparr:

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
He had a run of games at the back end of the season and he looked good, without being a great goal threat. He has had a chronic lack of confidence due to bad form and injuries but he’s still in his prime, so to speak. He needs a new club and I think we are pushing for this to happen. There was talk of a premier league club looking for a striker as back up , so there is interest here and abroad.

good luck with that :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That's a hard one to know. But if the question was who is the biggest bell end the answer isn't sky sports.

Ah but SSN haven't promised and delivered a new £100m stand.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Fair comment, though I think Brewster is a good fit for their counter-attacking style. If I was a Sheff Utd fan I'd be worried if they don't get this deal done. I fancy Villa could turn them over tonight.

Villa keep spending huge sums, eventually they’ll have a comfortable midtable PL team.

NOT through the greatness of Dean Smith imho,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports