#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Trossard is our most instinctive goal scorer, IMHO

I think our most instinctive finisher is lining up for Watford this season :( but I hear what you’re saying, Trossard is a funny one, some of his finishing is sublime, but he often completely fluffs his lines with seemingly routine chances. I think Trossard will have a good season and may get double figures, especially if he’s playing more centrally and shadowing Maupay or Connolly.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Ok, I’m sitting on a very wide fence here but in truth I want Brewster to stay at LFC. This will be his breakthrough season as the Reds don’t seem to have the cash to bring in a notable back up forward and Origi is clearly not going to make it an Anfield.

Well let’s be fair you’re not an Albion fan then are you?

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
If Shefford United are in for him i think he's much more likely to go there than come to us. Probably wouldn't need to move and a great finishing position last season. Decent manager and seem to be going places.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
If Shefford United are in for him i think he's much more likely to go there than come to us. Probably wouldn't need to move and a great finishing position last season. Decent manager and seem to be going places.

More competition up front though. But yes they are a threat and should **** off.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Not sure about this. If Klopp does like our style of play he'd prefer him to come here, as it will help him develop into a player LFC might want to buy back. Also, we have less competition up front, so he'd have more chance of playing.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
More competition up front though. But yes they are a threat and should **** off.

was def a bit of interest from SU before, but they’ve already bought players and last I looked had slipped to 16/1 with the bookies.

Always a chance, but we’re much bigger favourites on paper at this stage.

Edit: back in at 4/1 currently. Somebody betting on SU?

Last edited:

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Argus site is saying we might have to be patient to get Brewster.
There’s a problem with this.
What happens if we are patient and he then goes to Sheffield United in 3 weeks time. We are then in the last chance saloon fighting for scraps. We are potentially holding off buying someone else in so that we can show Brewster and LFC that he will get game time.
So we can’t be expected to wait too much longer for a decision. Liverpool would ideally like to sell Origi so that Brewster can be their reserve but they have to understand our need for a striker and the fact that At present Brewster would come here and be virtually guaranteed game time (if a loan is what they want).

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
What happens if we are patient and he then goes to Sheffield United in 3 weeks time. We are then in the last chance saloon fighting for scraps. We are potentially holding off buying someone else in so that we can show Brewster and LFC that he will get game time.
So we can’t be expected to wait too much longer for a decision. Liverpool would ideally like to sell Origi so that Brewster can be their reserve but they have to understand our need for a striker and the fact that At present Brewster would come here and be virtually guaranteed game time (if a loan is what they want).

Argus are speculating. If TB wants him, put in a bid and they’ll say Yes/No pretty quickly imho.

Agree with the rest. Whilst all around have strengthened we have stood still (I’m sure not for lack of trying).

“It was always our plan to welcome Jurgen back to the club having gained valuable experience in the MLS and we’re delighted with the excellent competition he now provides to our attacking options”

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
if loan Liverpool will want him to be no 1 choice. If transfer he will want to be at least no 2 choice...

Yes please but not sure he is so keen.....

... as other teams seem to be ramping up their transfers am beginning to worry. All I want for (now not Xmas!) is an LWB... and a good SC!

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Sheffield United manager just confirmed they will bring in a striker. That’s us out the picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Your right, we should not wait around and let Liverpool hold all the cards that could affect our season.
If we want the boy, we go to them, explain exactly what we want loan/buy or how far we are willing to compromise, and how coming here could be beneficial to his future.. Give them a timescale and move on if required, all the while I presume we have other targets we can move on to.

I have a feeling we are already in talks with other targets, we are excellent at keeping things hush hush.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
if loan Liverpool will want him to be no 1 choice. If transfer he will want to be at least no 2 choice...

Yes please but not sure he is so keen.....

... as other teams seem to be ramping up their transfers am beginning to worry. All I want for (now not Xmas!) is an LWB... and a good SC!

Same as any player.

If they are decent then they keep the place.

If he's horse crap then wont.

Win win

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Your right, we should not wait around and let Liverpool hold all the cards that could affect our season.
If we want the boy, we go to them, explain exactly what we want loan/buy or how far we are willing to compromise, and how coming here could be beneficial to his future.. Give them a timescale and move on if required, all the while I presume we have other targets we can move on to.

I am presuming this is what is currently happening, we are in talks with them and they are looking at options, the timescale bit is the issue for fans at this stage but i am guessing not so much for Potter. We have strikers for the next few games, yes we need another.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here