[Politics] Rhian Brewster

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Maupay limps off in first half?
Down by 1 but no cutting edge up top and 15 minutes to go?

Agree he won’t start 100% but if he came in, I think he may still be in squad as cover?

I bloody hope this comes off, we’re desperately light.

Suspect if the worst was to happen on Monday then Trossard would be pushed up as centre forward cover if necessary. Let's hope it doesn't come to that.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
£25m sounds the going rate. Scored average of one in two games in the Championship (same as Watkins).
Liverpool get it to spend on new players to strengthen, which they have done very sparingly so far.
We get a young, hungry Striker who gives us more physical presence than Maupay or Connolly so complements what we have very well.
Knows Lallana.
Let’s get it done.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Brian Gubb (not sure how reliable)who has been tracking this on twitter has just posted....

Brewster more likely permanent as Brighton now less interested in a loan. £25m with a 2 year buy-back £40+m clause for Liverpool. £15m for developing a striker is good business for both. #bhafc #lfc

Would be great if we could get this over the line before Monday
That's a good deal - let's get it done.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Brian Gubb (not sure how reliable)who has been tracking this on twitter has just posted....

Brewster more likely permanent as Brighton now less interested in a loan. £25m with a 2 year buy-back £40+m clause for Liverpool. £15m for developing a striker is good business for both. #bhafc #lfc

He’s just taking the existing reporting (see the Telegraph) and sprinkling it with numbers and speculation.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Ok, I’m sitting on a very wide fence here but in truth I want Brewster to stay at LFC. This will be his breakthrough season as the Reds don’t seem to have the cash to bring in a notable back up forward and Origi is clearly not going to make it an Anfield. So he would get the chances and I’d expect him to get at least 20 goals in all competitions from the bench.
However, on the other side of the fence he would be an amazing acquisition for BHA. If he started he would get 20 next season especially if Lallana feeds him (Even if I do think Adam may not have the impact some on here think). Obviously he may not turn out to be the player Klopp and a host of other managers seem to think he will be but has to be worth a punt.
Forgive though if want a decent buy back clause for the Reds, must be a win win for both clubs.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Ok, I’m sitting on a very wide fence here but in truth I want Brewster to stay at LFC. This will be his breakthrough season as the Reds don’t seem to have the cash to bring in a notable back up forward and Origi is clearly not going to make it an Anfield. So he would get the chances and I’d expect him to get at least 20 goals in all competitions from the bench.
However, on the other side of the fence he would be an amazing acquisition for BHA. If he started he would get 20 next season especially if Lallana feeds him (Even if I do think Adam may not have the impact some on here think). Obviously he may not turn out to be the player Klopp and a host of other managers seem to think he will be but has to be worth a punt.
Forgive though if want a decent buy back clause for the Reds, must be a win win for both clubs.

If he’s scoring 20 goals in a season he’s not on the bench. Not even for Liverpool.

Given the wealth of attacking talent at Liverpool and their need for funds to sign someone, I can see it happening.

Buy-back clause seems like a perfect solution to me.

This is a guy who was talked about in the same breath as Foden and Sancho. Would be a hell of a signing.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I'd imagine there must be some link between us potentially lending Swansea Viktor Gyökeres, softening the blow of them missing out on Brewster.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton

Origi scored the winner in the Merseyside Derby, put two past Barca in the Champions league semi final and scored in the champions league final. He's been a key part of a squad that's won the Premier league, champions league, Supercup and Club World Cup. If that's a sign of someone who is not going to make it, I'd like to know what it takes to make it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Origi scored the winner in the Merseyside Derby, put two past Barca in the Champions league semi final and scored in the champions league final. He's been a key part of a squad that's won the Premier league, champions league, Supercup and Club World Cup. If that's a sign of someone who is not going to make it, I'd like to know what it takes to make it.

These Liverpool fans are away with the fairies in their expectations after last season. Mostly insufferable on the few forums I visit, it’s like United at their peak all over again.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
So he would get the chances and I’d expect him to get at least 20 goals in all competitions from the bench.

20 goals...in the Premier League...

from the bench?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
He said all competitions, Liverpool tend to go further than us so 20 goals in all is ambitious but not impossible considering he would feature heavily in the league cup and FA cup.

That is of course if he stays..

Agreed they have more competitions, but he said 20 goals from the bench. That's more than Defoe, Solskjaer, Hernandez etc managed in their entire careers.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Seems like a fair price and a great move for all parties, understandable to give Liverpool that clause.

Come and join the Brighton revolution Rhian!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports