Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Rhian Brewster

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Ah... forget Sheff Utd.

Reports suggesting Spurs may be interested. That would close our chances off for sure.

By all accounts Brewster wants to play. Spurs have Kane up top and Son behind him. If it’s true he wants to play, and for a coach that gives young PL players a chance, then we are a great option.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Ah... forget Sheff Utd.

Reports suggesting Spurs may be interested. That would close our chances off for sure.

It’s not imho. Spurs have made it known they want a back up to Kane. Spurs are also a European spot competitor. ofc I reckon the lure of Spurs maybe bigger for the player, but for the same reasons they would send him back to Swansea, I reckon we’ve got a better chance than Spurs as the number 1 goal is game time.

Plus we’re attacking and expansive, Mourinho is defensive

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He'd probably feel that Kane & Son would provide stiffer competition for first team minutes at Spurs than Maupay & Connolly would here?

Might as well stay at Liverpool, probably got as much chance of game time there as at Spurs.

I am more worried about him going to Palace tbh. London boy isn't he too?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
If Shefford United are in for him i think he's much more likely to go there than come to us. Probably wouldn't need to move and a great finishing position last season. Decent manager and seem to be going places.

We have Potter, Ashworth, Lallana, Bloom, fewer strikers. I don't think a 20yo would be that bothered about moving, especially down here. In short, we've got more attributes than they have.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
I am presuming this is what is currently happening, we are in talks with them and they are looking at options, the timescale bit is the issue for fans at this stage but i am guessing not so much for Potter. We have strikers for the next few games, yes we need another.

We have TWO first team strikers. If one of those is injured "over the next few games " we will find it even harder to score goals - something which we are already not good at doing.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
I’m pretty sure LFC will not sell/lone him to anyone in the top six.. including spurs.
For clarity to my earlier post Brewster could well get 20 goals for the Reds in all League, cup and European games.
At Brighton he could do the same as even without the same midfield quality he would be playing every week.
Origi had some great moments, I just don’t see him ever getting the game time over a season to justify a place week in week out at a team like Liverpool. This does not mean he wouldn’t be a great signing for another club.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I’m pretty sure LFC will not sell/lone him to anyone in the top six.. including spurs.
For clarity to my earlier post Brewster could well get 20 goals for the Reds in all League, cup and European games.
At Brighton he could do the same as even without the same midfield quality he would be playing every week.
Origi had some great moments, I just don’t see him ever getting the game time over a season to justify a place week in week out at a team like Liverpool. This does not mean he wouldn’t be a great signing for another club.

Origi is a Liverpool legend though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fewXrM912GE

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Brian Gubb (not sure how reliable)who has been tracking this on twitter has just posted....

Brewster more likely permanent as Brighton now less interested in a loan. £25m with a 2 year buy-back £40+m clause for Liverpool. £15m for developing a striker is good business for both. #bhafc #lfc

Would be great if we could get this over the line before Monday

It takes less than 10 seconds to type the blokes name in to Google to see if he’s legit or not. Someone with the connections he apparently has would have some kind of internet footprint. He doesn’t. It’s bollocks.

“This apparently ITK agent with less than 1000 followers said this but I don’t know if it’s true” is nearly as annoyin as people analysing the bloody odds of someone signing for us as if it means something

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
It takes less than 10 seconds to type the blokes name in to Google to see if he’s legit or not. Someone with the connections he apparently has would have some kind of internet footprint. He doesn’t. It’s bollocks.

“This apparently ITK agent with less than 1000 followers said this but I don’t know if it’s true” is nearly as annoyin as people analysing the bloody odds of someone signing for us as if it means something

He's a Twitter chancer making up a lot of the detail - but Chris Bascombe (the Telegraph's merseyside correspondent is not) has moved this story on in the last 24 hours and Brighton are , according to him, still interested.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...uld-leave-liverpool-return-swansea-loan-next/

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
No-one's saying that. It is a certainly a risk going into the season with so few few options up front.

Yes. It is. But until the window shuts (with 35 games to go) or Potter comes out and says that’s what he wants (unlikely) - then it’s all a bit moot.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
No-one's saying that. It is a certainly a risk going into the season with so few few options up front.

Yes. A very small one. Even smaller when you consider that it will be difficult to beat Chelsea & Man United with or without a new striker.

Ending the transfer window with only two strikers would be a risk.

Granny on the wing

Sep 7, 2019

There has always been a good vibe between Brighton and Liverpool going back to the days of Jimmy Case and Jimmy Melia .And to show good will we let them have probably our best ever player Mark Lawrenson .

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yes. It is. But until the window shuts (with 35 games to go) or Potter comes out and says that’s what he wants (unlikely) - then it’s all a bit moot.
The window shuts after the Everton game so 34 to go.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Ah... forget Sheff Utd.

Would Liverpool sell or loan to Spurs though, they aren’t a title contender but it would put them as top 6?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The window shuts after the Everton game so 34 to go.

Ha ! nonetheless this discussion is really a bit circular and a bit pointless and endless !.

That half finished recruitment looks half finished!!
But club and nobody else have finished their recruitment. !!
Rinse Repeat for next few weeks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here