Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Restaurant 2013

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Into the Blue last night. They have had an internal rejig and added another table to replace the takeaway area. Classy fit out for the ever popular seafood restaurant.

joeywortho

Jun 3, 2013
Right, were is the best place to get a breakfast in Brighton these days? I'm aware of Bills but want something along the lines of The Pile Up, from Harry's in Hove (RIP) and it has to have black pudding and fried bread.

after years of walking by finally went seven bees cafe the other day - easily the best sub fiver fry up in town. Ok so you dont get tea/coffee for your £4.95 but only a quid extra for tea/filter coffee. Also they actually serve proper coffee which is always the problem with the greasy spoon type caffs

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
If you mean La Difference then get in quick as they have said they they won't be running the restaurant much longer as they are going to retire. Menu has hardly changed over the last 20 years but always had a reputation for decent, good value food.

The other place in Worthing getting good reviews at the moment is Efes - a new turkish restaurant on Clifton Road. Not a great area and only a small place but I know several people who have been there recently and all have said they would go back again.

Efes is fantastic. And very reasonable.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I was at the waterside inn a few days back. Had a cracking tasting menu and a couple of bottles of really good wine. Not cheap but well worth the money. Fantastic rooms to stay in a boar ride up the Thames as well. Have to say Bray is a fantastic place as well.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
after years of walking by finally went seven bees cafe the other day - easily the best sub fiver fry up in town. Ok so you dont get tea/coffee for your £4.95 but only a quid extra for tea/filter coffee. Also they actually serve proper coffee which is always the problem with the greasy spoon type caffs

Thanks for this, Bees is Seven Dials right?

I shall be in the UK week after next and have my culinary itinerary pretty much sorted now: Bardsleys Thursday, Nandos Saturday, La Choza Sunday, The Ganges Sunday plus Craft Beer Co and The Pub With No Name Which Now Has A Name and Has Brewdog on Tap at various times. At Glastonbury I tend to fill my hump up with Caribbean food-one thing I miss from my time in London.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Pretty much next door. Crap chippie that imo. I go Broadwater fish bar

I agree about the chippie as Broadwater is brilliant. many years ago (50s) that shop was a wet fish shop and the same people owned it who had the fish and chips. Blackmans I think the name was. It then went to somebody else who just used it for storage etc When I visited my mum in Worthing 4 /5 years ago the people who owned the chippie converted it into a normal cafe either they must have sold it or converted it to a restaurant.

joeywortho

Jun 3, 2013

I shall be in the UK week after next and have my culinary itinerary pretty much sorted now: Bardsleys Thursday, Nandos Saturday, La Choza Sunday, The Ganges Sunday plus Craft Beer Co and The Pub With No Name Which Now Has A Name and Has Brewdog on Tap at various times. At Glastonbury I tend to fill my hump up with Caribbean food-one thing I miss from my time in London.

No mate its near sea front just off middle st round corner from the coach house - its tucked away but well worth it

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
had lunch in The Hove Kitchen last Sunday and very nice it was too, mature rib of beef with plenty of juicy fat, good roasties, nicely prepared veg, gravy a bit anemic for my tastes but all in all pretty good, would return but then I'm lazy and it's only 20 yards from home. The mackerel and rabbit dishes my companions had both went down well.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No mate its near sea front just off middle st round corner from the coach house - its tucked away but well worth it

Ah yes. I know. Same alley as She Said :wink: Very tiny. Like you I keep walking past, mainly at night, and keep saying to myself I will visit but never get round to it. It looks a delightful place. Cheers.

Jul 7, 2003

As Friday is missing from your list, can I respectfully suggest you visit Street Diner - the Troll is there with his burgers as are loads of other fine eating establishments.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As Friday is missing from your list, can I respectfully suggest you visit Street Diner - the Troll is there with his burgers as are loads of other fine eating establishments.

Yes, yes, you can recommend this. I shall be working in the North Laine area that day so this is perfect. Danke.

Jul 7, 2003
Asian Village, Worthing - this is the replacement for the China House at Thomas A Becket. First visit tonight for a takeaway and will be the last. Portions are a good size but the food was really bland. My Szechaun Beef had no real flavour and certainly not the kick you would expect from a spicy dish. Wife had a pork curry which was also very bland and they crispy noodles had little flavour. They even managed to ruin sweet & sour chicken balls for my son with the chicken being really dry - quite impressive for a deep fried dish. 2/10 mainly for the prawn crackers and fortune cookies!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I shall be in the UK week after next and have my culinary itinerary pretty much sorted now: Bardsleys Thursday, Friday Trolls Pantry, Nandos Saturday, La Choza Sunday, The Ganges Sunday plus Craft Beer Co and The Pub With No Name Which Now Has A Name and Has Brewdog on Tap at various times. At Glastonbury I tend to fill my hump up with Caribbean food-one thing I miss from my time in London.

Trolls Pantry tick.
Craft Beer Tick.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Efes in Worthing brilliant lunch. £6.95 for a choice of 8 mains served with onion salad, normal salad, wheat rice, soft drink or beer. Bread and sauces to start. Even gave us a bit more bread when asked for as it was really nice

Highly recommended

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Bardsleys tick
Craft Beer Tick
Fancy scotch eggs as mentioned by @thedonkeycentrehalf tick

Nandos (extra hot 1/2 chicken plus fries and coleslaw), Grubbs burger and fries and draft Brewdog and Meantime craft beers today. Back on track.

Jul 7, 2003
Efes in Worthing brilliant lunch. £6.95 for a choice of 8 mains served with onion salad, normal salad, wheat rice, soft drink or beer. Bread and sauces to start. Even gave us a bit more bread when asked for as it was really nice

Highly recommended

Heard a lot of good reports about Efes recently- must give it a try soon

Went to Picasso's in Worthing on Friday night. Last visit was around a year ago and it had really gone downhill. Noticed on Trip Advisor that there had been a change of ownership and that it was much improved so thought we would give it a go.

We had a really great meal and the service was very good. Treated like old friends rather than customers and the kids were even given their own non-alcoholic aperitif.

Good value family meal - it came in at less than £15 a head with drinks even though we did the usual over ordering. 9/10

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Nandos (extra hot 1/2 chicken plus fries and coleslaw), Grubbs burger and fries and draft Brewdog and Meantime craft beers today. Back on track.

La Choza down the hatch, now for the big one......The Ganges.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here