Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Restaurant 2013

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
L'Eglise Church Road, went Saturday and very good. 2/3 courses couple of bottles of wine, a number of bottles of beer, £187 for 4..
Definitely would go again.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Went to GBK (gourmet burger kitchen) last night with the Mrs for a quick bite to eat. For two burgers, one portion of onion rings, one chips, a beer and soft drink came to £35. The burgers were average at best. Considering the quality served the place was a complete rip off. Never been to GBK before and unlikely to go again.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Tried Thai Street Food in Bath Place in Worthing yesterday. New owners and trying very hard to please, but food was excellent value for a lunch and good sized portions. 7/10 for a lunch.

Off to Chilli Pickle again next week too, looking forward to that as always an enjoyable dinner.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Tried Thai Street Food in Bath Place in Worthing yesterday. New owners and trying very hard to please, but food was excellent value for a lunch and good sized portions. 7/10 for a lunch.

Off to Chilli Pickle again next week too, looking forward to that as always an enjoyable dinner.

Interesting. I go out to dinner with anout 8 friends every 6 weeks or so, and next we wanted somewhere in Worthing but were struggling to think of anywhere decent. I love Thai, as do the others I think, so may give it a go.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Interesting. I go out to dinner with anout 8 friends every 6 weeks or so, and next we wanted somewhere in Worthing but were struggling to think of anywhere decent. I love Thai, as do the others I think, so may give it a go.

Its quite casual, but the food was good and good portion for a very reasonable price really. Lemongrass is another good alternative for Thai in Worthing, down near Rowlands Road.

I am told that the Sylvan Oak in Findon Nr Worthing is very good has anybody tried it and can comment.

Very, very good actually. Prices slowly rising, but good local produce, good service. I really enjoy it there as a treat every now and again with the missus.

joeywortho

Jun 3, 2013
The best for many years, and well worth the money.

Don't fall for the trap in thinking the Ginger Dog in Kemp Town is any near as good. Costs almost the same, but not a patch on the brilliant Gingerman.

yes yes - the dog the worse of the ginger chain for sure. I have been coming down here/lived here for 12 odd years and its always been the best place in town. It makes me laugh cos its never been trendy and i ve tried so many places but the food is never as good. Having said that have been to Crescent rd in Worthing twice now and honestly staggered at how good it is, cannot believe that dear old wortho has somewhere as good as it

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Went to GBK (gourmet burger kitchen) last night with the Mrs for a quick bite to eat. For two burgers, one portion of onion rings, one chips, a beer and soft drink came to £35. The burgers were average at best. Considering the quality served the place was a complete rip off. Never been to GBK before and unlikely to go again.

GBK is only really worth it if you get a discount promotion. Brighton seems to be swimming with Gormet Burger offerings now which has made it a little redundant IMHO.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Crescent road!!!

Funny one that one. Used to do amazing Eggs Benedict but stopped breakfasts after Xmas. I spoke to the owners a few times, and it seemed more of a hobby for them, which they are taking a lot more serious now. I see they have stepped up things with their menu and advertising so will have to try it soon.

joeywortho

Jun 3, 2013
Funny one that one. Used to do amazing Eggs Benedict but stopped breakfasts after Xmas. I spoke to the owners a few times, and it seemed more of a hobby for them, which they are taking a lot more serious now. I see they have stepped up things with their menu and advertising so will have to try it soon.

honestly chap you will not be dissappointed

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Crescent road!!!

If you mean La Difference then get in quick as they have said they they won't be running the restaurant much longer as they are going to retire. Menu has hardly changed over the last 20 years but always had a reputation for decent, good value food.

The other place in Worthing getting good reviews at the moment is Efes - a new turkish restaurant on Clifton Road. Not a great area and only a small place but I know several people who have been there recently and all have said they would go back again.

joeywortho

Jun 3, 2013
Its the place next door to la difference crescent rd cafe. Interesting what you say about the Turkish place on Clifton rd, its not far from my gaff and looks ok so will give it a go

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here